Sign in to follow this  
ai1

voxatc volume problem

The voices of voxatc (voxpop) are very quiet and difficult to hear (p3d V4). In the windows volume mixer I see that the volume always jumps back to about half of all other sound volumes. Why is this? If used on headphones it could be to protect from setting too loud, but on the same speakers as the sim, it makes it very hard to hear even with the volumes to max in the voxatc voice configuration. 

Most of the time the clicking sound when pressing the ptt button does not play or cannot be heard.

And one other question, when assigning buttons or keys how do you remove button settings to nothing? The only way I found to remove a button or key press was by replacing it with another one.

Thank you.

Have you tried adjusting the volume in the Vox voice configuration app?

Kent

i7 4790k @4.7Ghz 32Gb DDR3 1333 RTX 2070 GPU Win10 Pro

Thanks for the reply, but yes I have. The problem is that the volume in windows volume mixer always jumps back to a lower volume for voxatc.  Does anyone else experience this? I tried switching exclusive control on and of in audio device settings, but it made no difference. Maybe some other audio program is interfering?

17 minutes ago, ai1 said:

Thanks for the reply, but yes I have. The problem is that the volume in windows volume mixer always jumps back to a lower volume for voxatc.  Does anyone else experience this? I tried switching exclusive control on and of in audio device settings, but it made no difference. Maybe some other audio program is interfering?

Try going to Control Panel-Sound-Communications and check Windows is not reducing the volume there.
(Check the Do Nothing" box.)

gb.

YSSY. Win 10, 6700K@4.8, Corsair H115i Cooler, RTX 4070Ti, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z F4-3200, Samsung 960 EVO M.2 256GB, ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger, Corsair HX850i 850W, Thermaltake Core X31 Case, Samsung 4K 65" TV.

On 2017/10/10 at 6:22 AM, gboz said:

Try going to Control Panel-Sound-Communications and check Windows is not reducing the volume there.
(Check the Do Nothing" box.)

gb.

This works for me!!!

Great THX

For me it was already set to do nothing. Voxatc is the only program I have this issue with.

I have exactly the same problem, some voices low volume, others OK. The same voice might be OK on one flight and soft on the next. It would appear that it is not the voice itself that triggers the low volume but when that voice is used by VoxATC e.g. maybe the third/fourth voice used by the program?

Paul Davies.

I know this is an old post, but I am experiencing EXACTLY the same issue. Has anyone found what the problem is?

Edited by Rockliffe

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

There was a bug in a version of P3d4 that affected the volume when certain audio hardware was installed.  I haven't noticed it in P3d5, but maybe somebody else can help you out.

4 hours ago, Rockliffe said:

EXACTLY

Howard

better results are had with MS / Cereproc / Ivonna / Cepstal voices ...... but the best results (provided you generally fly the same aircraft) are to adjust / reduce the sim & aircraft sound settings to promote vox's in the total then slide your mixer for all (??). 

for now, cheers

john martin

Thanks fellas, I have only just, this last hour, found a post on Avsim where you have to go to sounds control panel > communications, and then click mute all sounds and apply, then click do nothing click apply and then OK. This has to be done before every flight. A bit of a faff, but so far it seems to have worked. There seems to be some kind of issue within Windows which incurrs some odd behaviour.  I have created a shortcut to the sound panel, right next to my P3d exe. Very frustarting, bit of a workaround ,but it looks like this is working... so far.  

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke

The problem may eventually return, unfortunately. But you have a workaround.

I will try this also. I had this persistent problem even after switching two different sound cards. Presently, I reduce all other sounds to be able to hear Vox.

Pierre

P3D when its freezing in Quebec....well, that's most of the time...
C-GDXL based at CYQB for real flying when its warming up...

On 10/9/2020 at 11:05 PM, jabloomf1230 said:

The problem may eventually return, unfortunately. But you have a workaround.

Sure, indeed it has returned, just as you said! Today I had extremely low sound volume on several instructions and then it cleared itself. Very odd.

Howard

I was having this same, frustrating issue. Tried all sorts of things to no avail.

I did find a workaround that doesn't require fiddling before every flight:

You have to install Voice Meeter Banana in order to do this; so yes, another app eating up resources, but it works. Once you have that installed, all you essentially need to do is direct Vox to play through Voice Meeter's virtual input, rather than your actual sound card. Within Voice Meeter, you can then control the volume of the voices you have assigned to Vox without any auto-adjustments taking place.

Hope this helps somebody.

-Bob

SimPC: i7 8086k @5.1GHz, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz CL14, RTX 2080ti, Windows 10 Pro - P3D v5.1