Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

X-Plane 11.10 Beta

1 hour ago, scotchegg said:

It’s out, and apparently as well as all the exciting under the hood stuff.......the ground shakes are gone!!!

I am downloading right now,thanks.

Unfortunately it doesn't show in my Steam XP yet ...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

22 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Trying to update here in NZ, only 3 days remaining :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, tonywob said:

Trying to update here in NZ, only 3 days remaining :biggrin:

That's a good reason for you to return !  NZ is not for XP users !!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Betas are not available in Steam.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

That's a good reason for you to return !  NZ is not for XP users !!!!!

WHAT  !!!!!!!!!!

Wash your mouth out with soap.:biggrin:

Trevor Golding

Tried it.

The helical propwash is indeed much stronger now. So strong that indeed the C172 now rolls right with all trims centered, requiring left aileron for coordinated flight. Typical Austin style, from too little to too much. :ha: Hopefully it will get tuned in the next releases.

The excessive weathervaning seems unchanged. As I said in the previous post it's probably related to the excessive effectiveness of tail surfaces.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

16 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Tried it.

The helical propwash is indeed much stronger now. So strong that indeed the C172 now rolls right with all trims centered, requiring left aileron for coordinated flight. Typical Austin style, from too little to too much. :ha: Hopefully it will get tuned in the next releases.

The excessive weathervaning seems unchanged. As I said in the previous post it's probably related to the excessive effectiveness of tail surfaces.

How was your performance?

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

2 hours ago, Murmur said:

Tried it.

Regarding the weathervaning, I confess I didn't have the chance to test it much. But the propwash deflection is indeed there. 

I wasn't able to notice that much effect Murmur ( due to wash of the downwind wing ), but will test asap...

It's there at least, and I believe it can get fine tuned with time, along the "11" cycle...

But I am really glad so far :-)

Did you test the trim tabs with dynamic pressure too ?  It's a mix:

1) the control surfaces, at least in the C90, stay put, but if you output the deflection data you can see them moving as soon as relative wind turns positive ( or negative ).

2) Probably also a bit overdone, because you transition from 0 º deflection to growing values with even a 1 knot wind... but with fine tuning, just like everything, it's a nice start...

Main Simulation Rig:

Does any add onsor plug in give you guys a trouble with the new beta?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

Upon start I get an error message about the simheaven forest and landmarks packages and the lib-x prefab library. Couldn't check yet whether this may trigger a crash in flight. Sim loads normal.

Hans

6 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Upon start I get an error message about the simheaven forest and landmarks packages and the lib-x prefab library. Couldn't check yet whether this may trigger a crash in flight. Sim loads normal.

I have the same problem. 

Also here. I had to remove the following:

Simheaven forests america; forests europe; vfr landmarks; vfr landmarks america; vfr landmarks europe; w2xp europe objects and x prefab library. In the log file it says that the objects were allready loaded by another library... or something like that. I noticed that hte log file is as twice as "big" as with 11:05.

Now it runs without error messages.

I wonder if i have all the objects now standard without using the ones i moved to custom scenery old.

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy