XPD-8171: Fixed debug log output from WindTbn2m5_100.obj

XPD-8307: Fixed bad UV maps on ramp equipment objcets

XPD-8338: Fixed UBO error and crash with multi-monitor

XPD-8339: Fixed mixture not limited to 100% when using keyboard commands

XPD-8343: Fixed flap deploy/retract speed on Baron

XPD-8344: Fixed app not starting on Linux due to dynamic libc++ dependency

XPD-8345: Fixed loading third-gen fat plugins on Windows and Linux

XPD-8348: Fixed UBO error and crash in icon generator

XPD-8350: Fixed UBO error and crash on aircraft with HITS or weapon console and a 3-d cockpit

Fixed crash when starting multiplayer match with weapons

Fixed crash when using AI aircraft, multiplayer and weapons at the same time

Fixed rotation alignment of attached objects for facades and roads

Fixed missing parachute rendering on weapons

Fixed starter sounds on Baron when door is opened and closed mid-start

Refined down-wash model off wings in ground effect.

Just downloaded 10b2 loaded stock C-172 G1000. Again as expected airplane is pulling to the left on take of roll. However during the climb it seems airplane is pulling to the right instead of left. During slow flight I don't need to increase right rudder pressure at all. Definitely  something is off. 

By the way annoying service message is gone by default 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

Just downloaded 10b2 loaded stock C-172 G1000. Again as expected airplane is pulling to the left on take of roll. However during the climb it seems airplane is pulling to the right instead of left. During slow flight I don't need to increase right rudder pressure at all. Definitely  something is off. 

By the way annoying service message is gone by default 

I ask Ben if there are anymore tweaks to the left turning tendencies in the works. And he said "I don't think so - email Austin directly to discuss with him". So shoot Austin a email otherwise it probably wont get looked at any further. 

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

9 hours ago, Murmur said:

Ops, I missed your post! Apparently similar to 11.05, maybe lower. But I have a very low end notebook so it's hardly significant.

Ah that's funny. In my book, performance was to be the main point of 11.10 ( I don't mind the 172 pulling to the left, right, top, bottom, back.....).

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

3 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Ah that's funny. In my book, performance was to be the main point of 11.10 ( I don't mind the 172 pulling to the left, right, top, bottom, back.....).

Unless you make a totally clean install, you need to delete the contents of your Preferences folder...you can get away with deleting some only, but once XP rebuilds them, you will get your performance back.

6 hours ago, strider1 said:

I ask Ben if there are anymore tweaks to the left turning tendencies in the works. And he said "I don't think so - email Austin directly to discuss with him". So shoot Austin a email otherwise it probably wont get looked at any further. 

Did that already, including another item - waiting for reply.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Wasn't it in 11.10 that they said there be a big increase in fps in the recent Cosford presenation they made? Most people are claiming either no difference or mostly less fps. I was really hoping for a boost here especially as I like to use VR.

1 hour ago, steve310002 said:

Wasn't it in 11.10 that they said there be a big increase in fps in the recent Cosford presenation they made? Most people are claiming either no difference or mostly less fps. I was really hoping for a boost here especially as I like to use VR.

Yes. But Ben said it may or may not make it in the first beta. It should be in 11.10 though and yes they are shooting for 60 fps and smooth frames.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, steve310002 said:

Yep. We need about 50% performance increase (CPU) for VR, going from 30fps to 45. Progress made in 11.10b2: zero. Let's wait and see.

• Upvote 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

9 hours ago, steve310002 said:

The big performance boost is going to happen when they move over to Vulcan. Thats still about a 6-12+ months away.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

12 hours ago, Colonel X said:

Yep. We need about 50% performance increase (CPU) for VR, going from 30fps to 45. Progress made in 11.10b2: zero. Let's wait and see.

I dont think a huge performance increase was promised in 11.10. that was when they move the code over to vulkan. 

• Upvote 1

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

2 hours ago, wiler said:

I dont think a huge performance increase was promised in 11.10. that was when they move the code over to vulkan. 

so what they did in this 10.10 update other than making the sim a little slower, and screw up the flight physics ?

10 minutes ago, Evan Banalian said:

so what they did in this 10.10 update other than making the sim a little slower, and screw up the flight physics ?

It is called a beta to test the new codepath and iron some bugs out, before releasing it as a stable version.

Laminar allows us to play with beta's, knowing how much negative press it can generate, the advantage is that they have at least a few hundred (if not thousands) serious testers that report bugs. 

In XP-10 there were 3 big updates like this one, approximately one a year. The other updates were incremental, but the big ones did break several times my sim. It is recommended to make a copy of your install (just make a complete copy of the X-Plane 11 folder) and use that one for the beta. You can make simlinks to your downloaded or created (ortho4xp) scenery to save space.

So to answer you question: 11.10 is not out yet, what you are seeing is a new codepath that is not optimized yet. Probably they have a good idea to make it faster once all first bugs are killed.

• Upvote 2