Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

X-Plane 11.10 Beta

11 hours ago, strider1 said:

I though the default planes include the new flight model with every new beta ?

11 hours ago, CarlosF said:

11.10 Flight model changes are now opt-in when the .acf is re-saved in 11.10 Plane Maker.

I believe the release notes are referring to aircraft in general.  I know the aircraft that I am responsible for at Laminar are being saved with the 11.10 flight model.  My guess is that all the other artists are doing the same thing.  It wouldn't really make sense for the default aircraft to not have the current flight model. 

3 hours ago, JGregory said:

It wouldn't really make sense for the default aircraft to not have the current flight model.

I have been having problems with the GPS in the default C-172 not following the line and, in fact, dragging the line to where ever it wanted to fly.  Saving in Plane Maker this morning has solved the problem.  

Seems odd, but apparently every aircraft (except yours) needs this treatment.

John

EDIT - As someone has said somewhere, I loaded my C-172 (both default and the REP version) in Plane Maker, saved, exited and now everything flies as it should.

Edited by Old_As_Dirt
GPS problem solved.

John Wingold

14 hours ago, strider1 said:

Thanks ! I have a PPL, so not really looking for a instructor. If I am in your area and I am looking for a instructor I will keep you in mind !

Cheers.......

I realized that. I did not offer my CFI services but rather my own 172 :)

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 hour ago, sd_flyer said:

I realized that. I did not offer my CFI services but rather my own 172 :)

Thanks, thats mighty generous of you !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

5 hours ago, Old_As_Dirt said:

I have been having problems with the GPS in the default C-172 not following the line and, in fact, dragging the line to where ever it wanted to fly.  Saving in Plane Maker this morning has solved the problem.  

Seems odd, but apparently every aircraft (except yours) needs this treatment.

John

EDIT - As someone has said somewhere, I loaded my C-172 (both default and the REP version) in Plane Maker, saved, exited and now everything flies as it should.

It's possible that Max did not make any changes to the 172 recently and therefore the current version would need to be saved in Planemaker to take advantage of the flight model changes.    My point was that the Laminar artists have, or will be, saving the aircraft in Planemaker at some point and we would select the option to update to the new flighmodel.  

• Upvote 1

On 10/27/2017 at 4:09 PM, CarlosF said:

1. Open Plane maker.exe (XP11 root directory)

2. Click File/Open (select Aircraft/Laminar Research/Cessna 172SP/Cessna_172SP.acf), then click "Open aircraft" button located bottom right.

3. Click File/Save

4. Quit

That is it!

..oh, I see, it's easy  

Tnx Carlos