Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

X-Plane 11.10 Beta

It is a private developer beta right now. During the Cosford Flight Sim Show, next week was mentioned regarding the public beta release.

18 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Is 11.10 out in beta now?

Your post got me excited. Thought it was released when I saw the title :(

Soon...:cool:

I strongly BELIEVE this update is going to be a MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH in the History of X-Plane and civil flight simulation!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy !!!!

Might force me to update that bottom note in the sig :-)

• Upvote 5

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

> (with a second copy minimal install, all defaults, except for some planes).

What is the proper method for creating a second install? Just reinstall to a new directory? Being self contained, that would seem proper, but want to be sure before I try.

Kerry

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

Hi Kerry, for a second install just make a copy of your entire X-plane folder. Rename it to distinguish it from the other X-plane folder. When you run the X-plane installer to update X-plane it will ask you which X-plane Folder you wish to update so it's easy to maintain both a stable version and a beta version.

Note: I don't think creating a second X-plane Folder is possible with the Steam Edition of X-plane.

11 hours ago, jcomm said:

I strongly BELIEVE this update is going to be a MAJOR BREAKTHROUGH in the History of X-Plane and civil flight simulation!

I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Happy !!!!

Might force me to update that bottom note in the sig :-)

You must have seen the 11.10 leaked features !? This should be epic for flight model dynamic, avionic systems, etc.... It looks like the pace is picking up a bit with the extra hands they have hired !

• Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

2 hours ago, strider1 said:

You must have seen the 11.10 leaked features !? This should be epic for flight model dynamic, avionic systems, etc.... It looks like the pace is picking up a bit with the extra hands they have hired !

Indeed !  I saw that :-)

Couldn't believe what I was reading ...

Pretty much all of the things I have asked for long, or only dreamed about one day being included in X-Plane are listed there. 

Will it be the "Perfect" thing at release, or even along X-Plane 11's life cycle ?  I don't believe because there are so many features that I think it would be possible to account for them all in perfect state :-), but they're there now, so, they're there for good and for the future and I really couldn't expect more.

It was evident for me that X-Plane IS the civil sim platform of the Future, but now I am even more sure and glad about it!

Amazing!

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Some of the most tempting "leaked" features in the Flight Dynamics section:

.) Reynolds at his best !

in Plane Maker, Lift & Drag curves for all Reynolds numbers can be entered together with the airfoil specification !!! 

I can think of many good consequences, but glider airfoils / flight dynamics come naturally to my  mind :-)

.) Propwash tunning !

The deflected propwash effects, that I tested for the first time in a flight simulator when they were included in the DSC World P51d will, hopefully, also be

present from now on in well designed X-Plane prop aircraft. Interesting situations like the initial effect on a windy day, with x-wind blowing the propwash over the downwind wing and other 

lift surfaces, will make it trickier but also much more realistic to takeoff, at least during the first stages of the takeoff run!

Of course all of the stuff under Propwash tuning regarding rotary wing is also welcome, and will certainly bring additional thrill / realism to flying helis in X-Plane...

.) Flight Control dynamics !

In this section there are also some really nifty features, but that section regarding the effects of trim surfaces ( tabs ) coming to live only when there is dynamic pressure over them, and not automatically like it is presently modelled in many flight sims, is yet another GREAT and REALISTIC feature that I could only find so far in DCS World and IL2 Battle of Stalingrad... 

.) Elasticity effects !

.) Jet Engine fine tuning !

And much, much more !!!!

• Upvote 3

Main Simulation Rig:

Now what remains to be improved is the ephemeris. :biggrin:

It's nice to see Austin focusing on flight model improvements again, after it remained relatively static for a while.

Realistically, I still think that the new changes won't resolve all the issues (e.g. the weathervane stability, that is probably caused by other aspects of the flight modeling) and that a good aircraft designer + access to the real aircraft being modeled will always be necessary to have an accurare FM (as for any other flight sim). But the improvements are always very welcomed.

Regarding the effect of airflow on flight controls and trim: it's nice that X-Plane will now model them, but as I said in the past, I don't think it's a feature that is necessary for increased realism (except visually). Rather, I agree with what the developer of DCS said, in that a compromise is always necessary when modeling flight control surfaces behaviour, due to the difference between the PC joystick/yoke (passive) and the RL flight controls (mechanically connected to surfaces, except for FBW aircrafts).

So, how will X-Plane model that? Will the flight control surfaces move when changing the AOA (e.g. in turbulence)? That would mean going from a fixed-stick behaviour to a free-stick behaviour (with reduced stability). Also, what about those aircrafts in which the trim directly changes the surface deflection irrespective of airflow? Maybe there will be options in Plane-Maker to handle that.

• Upvote 1

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Ben released this (and more) on the Developers Blog just now:

We've been working on bug fixes like crazy, and over the last week or two we've run a small internal beta of 11.10 to try to get the biggest, nastiest bugs out.  So far it looks like we're on schedule to put out a public 11.10 this week.

Looks pretty positive for a release this week!

John

John Wingold

It’s out, and apparently as well as all the exciting under the hood stuff.......the ground shakes are gone!!!

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea