Sign in to follow this  
Cyrex1984

X-Plane 11.10 Beta

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Did you test the trim tabs with dynamic pressure too ?  It's a mix:

1) the control surfaces, at least in the C90, stay put, but if you output the deflection data you can see them moving as soon as relative wind turns positive ( or negative ).

2) Probably also a bit overdone, because you transition from 0 º deflection to growing values with even a 1 knot wind... but with fine tuning, just like everything, it's a nice start...

Yes, it seems quite abrupt in the current version.

As I previously said, deflection due to airflow is purely eye-candy, because in flight there is no difference. With a very important exception though: the elevator deflection due to changing flap settings, influencing the trim change required when moving flaps. This is modeled in the DCS P51, but it's so aircraft specific that it's impossible to model at a general level, and must be modeled on a per-aircraft basis.

• Upvote 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

Those Simheaven VFR sceneries are referencing to objects outside the current scenery directory ( ../<library path> ) , something that Ben is calling bad design and is apparently not allowed anymore. The links are found in library.txt in the simheaven scenery directory.

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

Yes, it seems quite abrupt in the current version.

As I previously said, deflection due to airflow is purely eye-candy, because in flight there is no difference. With a very important exception though: the elevator deflection due to changing flap settings, influencing the trim change required when moving flaps. This is modeled in the DCS P51, but it's so aircraft specific that it's impossible to model at a general level, and must be modeled on a per-aircraft basis.

And in their Spitfire IX too :-)

Didn't test it in XP11, but it could also be done since Austin calculates the downwash angle variation, and its even displayed...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Hello everyone,

tried XP11.10b1 and I'm not happy with the new slipstream model.

the default Cessna 172 now pulls to the right in the air. As does my airplane I'm working on.

But I'm pretty sure single prop airplane with a clockwise turning prop(as seen from the cockpit) should pull to the left. Due to prop torque, spiraling slipstream and p factor.

-Marcus

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, marcus11 said:

Hello everyone,

tried XP11.10b1 and I'm not happy with the new slipstream model.

the default Cessna 172 now pulls to the right in the air. As does my airplane I'm working on.

But I'm pretty sure single prop airplane with a clockwise turning prop(as seen from the cockpit) should pull to the left. Due to prop torque, spiraling slipstream and p factor.

-Marcus

Yep Marcus,

it appears to me something's wrong - all default prop aicraft I tried, C172 and B58 exhibit this right rolling tendency, even at max power, inflight.

It continues even if we edit the aircraft in Plane Maker and set the ground adjustable trim tabs to 0º for rudder and aileron.

This is in XP11.10b1

• Upvote 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Good to see the g1000 has been added.

Any thoughts on the g1000?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

11 hours ago, Colonel X said:

How was your performance?

Ops, I missed your post! Apparently similar to 11.05, maybe lower. But I have a very low end notebook so it's hardly significant.

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

From the release notes it looks like Austin made a lot of changes based on his Lancair Evolution - maybe not the best test platform for small GA single recips hehe?

• Upvote 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yep Marcus,

it appears to me something's wrong - all default prop aicraft I tried, C172 and B58 exhibit this right rolling tendency, even at max power, inflight.

It continues even if we edit the aircraft in Plane Maker and set the ground adjustable trim tabs to 0º for rudder and aileron.

This is in XP11.10b1

I just installed 10b1 did a quick flight in 172 G1000 out KSEA. Mine pulled to the left as expected. Very odd.

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

Yep Marcus,

This is in XP11.10b1

Yep, the 172 is exhibiting a slight roll to the right witch is not correct. Time to file a bug and shoot Austin a email !

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 6800XT, Ram - 32GB, 32" 4K Monitor, WIN 11, XP-12 !

Eric Escobar

56 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

From the release notes it looks like Austin made a lot of changes based on his Lancair Evolution - maybe not the best test platform for small GA single recips hehe?

Now, I know it's only beta 1, but after such a big change in the flight model, I would have expected at least a test flight on the default prop aircrafts, before releasing the modified FM.

Maybe Ben and the rest of the coders at LR should give Austin some hints on how to implement better quality control. No excuse for sloppy quality control now that they have a German in the team. :happy:

5 minutes ago, Murmur said:

Now, I know it's only beta 1, but after such a big change in the flight model, I would have expected at least a test flight on the default prop aircrafts, before releasing the modified FM.

Maybe Ben and the rest of the coders at LR should give Austin some hints on how to implement better quality control. No excuse for sloppy quality control now that they have a German in the team. :happy:

I think Austin needs some one on one time in a 172 with the German instructor !

Eric Escobar

How do i get rid of the message regarding the sim speed??

37405907710_fc696b73bf_h.jpg

7 minutes ago, jt8d9a said:

How do i get rid of the message regarding the sim speed??

37405907710_fc696b73bf_h.jpg

Press (Ctrl T) a bunch of times...

Eric Escobar

4 minutes ago, strider1 said:

Press (Ctrl T) a bunch of times...

Thanks!