Sign in to follow this  
concordeaa

RESTRICTED USER ACCOUNT ERROR FS9

Hello All,

I really hope someone can help me with a fairly serious problem i have now developed on FS9.

Following issues with Wilco Citation x, Wilco asked me to send them a copy of the DLL XML file which i have now discovered doesn't exist for FS9.

Anyway before i found this out i began searching for that file which involved me right clicking on files in FS9 then ticking hidden files before looking and not finding, after which i unticked the hidden box before pressing OK. The Read only boxes are not ticked but are just coloured blue.

Now the problem when i select FS9 from the desk top it starts to make the noises from the disk before it comes up with the following message.

FLIGHT SIMULATOR CANNOT RUN FROM A RESTRICTED ACCOUNT AND WILL NOW QUIT, PLEASE LOG ON AS AN ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT AND RESTART FSIM.

What i don't understand is that when i click on the Fs9 icon on the desktop i always right click run as administrator, i`m using Windows 7 64 bit without the FS9.1 update.

I sincerely hope i don`t need to do a reinstall as i have loads of add ons.

I really hope and will appreciate and help.

Thanks Jonathan

2 hours ago, concordeaa said:

i`m using Windows 7 64 bit without the FS9.1 update.

You'll need to do a google search for and install the FS9.1 update, and the FS9.1 nocd patch. This is also why your Wilco Citation X has no 2D panel, you may need to re-install it after updating to FS9.1 - and any other add-on you've been having problems with.

1 minute ago, A32xx said:

You need to run the FS9.1 update, then search for and install the FS9.1 nocd patch. This is why your Wilco Citation X has no 2D panel, you may need to re-install it after updating to FS9.1 - and any other add-on you've been having problems with.

OK thanks, but previously i tried to install the update and it would`nt install, surely does it not have anything to do with what i have done with the clicking and unclicking of hidden/ read only etc?

The show hidden files option just shows hidden files, it doesn't change them in any way. You'll need to install the 9.1 update as administrator, if that doesn't work it may because the update's already partially installed. If that's the case then there should be a folder named Backup in your main FS9 directory containing the following Modules:

ablscpt.A213.dll acontain.A213.dll ai_playr.A213.dll atc.A213.dll controls.A213.dll demo.A213.dll display.A213.cfg dynamic.A213.dll facilities.A213.dll fe.A213.dll flight.A213.dll fs9.A213.exe fsui.A213.dll g2d.A213.dll g3d.A213.dll Generic.A213.bgl global.A213.dll gps.A213.dll gps_export.A213.dll instructor.A213.dll main.A213.dll mpchat.A213.dll multiplayer.A213.dll panels.A213.dll reality.A213.dll sim1.A213.dll simscheduler.A213.dll sound.A213.dll symmap.A213.dll terrain.A213.dll traffic.A213.dll unpatch.bak util.A213.dll visualfx.A213.dll weather.A213.dll window.A213.dll

The A213 number may be different on your system, it doesn't matter, just delete the whole folder and run the 9.1 update as administrator again.

Hi, Thanks again, don`t appear to have the back up folder in the main directory, i just don`t understand what the cause of this is?

It could be that your Internet Security Antivirus software is blocking the update from running. Try quitting your Internet Security program before running the update as administrator.

Also, especially if you've installed FS9 in Program Files (x86), you'll need to turn User Account Control (UAC) off to install the update.

Another point to check is that you have the original FS9.exe file installed, not the FS9 nocd patch, because the update won't recognise the nocd patch.

You might have to bite the bullet and do a complete uninstall and reinstall.   Install to *any* location other than the default and run the install as an admin.

9 hours ago, concordeaa said:

Very frustrating no further forward Anti virus turned off, UAC off still no joy?

It would be useful to know what the error message says...

Finally tonight i`ve managed to get it working on my son`s profile rather than mine, i have a computer guy coming to look at it on Weds.

Must be something to do with the security settings on my profile.

Fingers crossed, think i will give up on the Wilco Citation 2 D cockpit and be thankful i will not need to do a complete reinstall.

Thanks for all your help

J

OK still not there despite getting a guy out, however can anyone shed any light on something i`ve discovered in FS9 Properties.

So i right click on FS9, then select properties, then security tab, then advanced tab.

Within the permissions the first entry which is me

TYPE           NAME                                                   PERMISSIONS                        INHERITED FROM                              

Allow      Jonathan(Jonathan-PC\jonathan)               Full Control                                <not inherited>

Could this have something to do with it as all the other entries below the first one have C:\Users\Public\Desktop\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004.lnk in the INHERITED FROM COLUMN?

Edited by concordeaa
UPDATE