Sign in to follow this  
red2112

Logitech G13 support

Hi,

Iam trying to set camara views to my Logitech G13 but ChasePlane dose not see my G13 in the Presets tab and it´s add key/button assignments.  My guess is that I can set/add Control Bindings in the Control Bindings tab, but not in the Presets tab for views with the G13.  Any workarounds, or might I be doing something wrong?

Using Prepar3dv4 and stable ChasePlane.

Have you assigned keys on G13 first? Like Ctrl-F1 to G1? Then it should work.

4 hours ago, dukeav said:

Have you assigned keys on G13 first? Like Ctrl-F1 to G1? Then it should work.

No, no key´s assigned on the G13.  I would not know what key´s to assign, G13 default key´s like in the default profile?

What I did was creat a new profile and pointed the profile to the Chase Plane .exe.

Thanks for your reply Dukeav!

39 minutes ago, red2112 said:

No, no key´s assigned on the G13.  I would not know what key´s to assign, G13 default key´s like in the default profile?

What I did was creat a new profile and pointed the profile to the Chase Plane .exe.

Thanks for your reply Dukeav!

I see. My G13 is in drawer, so going by memory.

The G13 does not work like a traditional joystick. Without assigning any keys its like a blank keyboard. And because its like a blank keyboard, ChasePlane cannot recognize any key-presses on it. If fact no program would be able to recognize it.

What you have to do is, first program/assign "some" key-presses to keys on the G13 using Logitech Gaming Software LGS (create a new profile for P3D or use Default profile, as you want). Now what would "some" keys be? Well choose any key combos not being used by P3D or Windows. Example, use Ctrl-Shift-1, Ctrl-Shift-2 Ctrl-Shift-3 etc. So in LGS, assign Ctrl-Shift-1 to G1, Ctrl-Shift-2 to G2 etc. And now in ChasePlane, use the Keys Column (and *NOT* Buttons/Axis column) to assign Ctrl-Shift-1, Ctrl-Shift-2 to various controls.

Now when you press G1 on G13, it will send Ctrl-Shift-1 to ChasePlane, and it will act on the control assigned to Ctrl-Shift-1.

(Side Note: You can configure the small stick on the G13 to work as either a Joystick or Keys, but that affects only the stick. If you do configure it as Joystick, then ChasePlane should recognize the stick movements at least directly. But the main keypad buttons will still not work).

Hope this works.

Edit: Also don't assign the profile to ChasePlane in LGS, just set the profile as right-click default/persistent.

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much Duke!

Will try all this ASAP and see how it works all.

Again, thanks for your help and explanation on how to do it!

I wish you have fair winds and safe flights!