Sign in to follow this  
rennman

High pitch in cruise

Why am I pitched up so high?...I'm +7 degrees at max speed level flight....TO and CLB and initial cruise were perfect...This happened in mid cruise after some very bumpy wind.

Screenshot below.

First off, PMDG requires you to sign your posts with your first and last name. Second off, this really needs to go to the legacy products folder as this is the older Boeing 747-400, not the newly released Boeing 747-400 V3.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/forum/352-pmdg-747-400-legacy-versions/

Looking at your screenshot, I'm struggling to understand what it is you're trying to do here. You passed your previous waypoint at flight level 198, you're now level at 17,000, and you have 3,625 nautical miles left to San Francisco. Your engines are also at full power. Need to know what your gross weight is and center of gravity.

Captain Kevin

nGsKmfi.jpg

Air Kevin 124 heavy, wind calm, runway 4 left, cleared for take-off.

Live streams of my flights here.

ill repost in the right place with signature,  my apologies.......but ...im wondering if its something i did wrong that might apply to all versions...thanks again.

13 minutes ago, Captain Kevin said:

I'm struggling to understand what it is you're trying to do here.

I'm trying to save the day! pushing max power and descending into thicker air.

After some very bumpy wind I could not maintain speed or level flight...even with throttles maxed im pitched up high in level flight.., i dont think my GTW or CG could be an issue...because takeoff, climb, and initial cruise were perfect...this came in mid cruise after getting heavily tossed around, when i was alerted by the stick shaker...

Mike Ryder

Lools to me like an fsx bug... there are too many to guess. But i guess if you turn down your weather engine outputs you might be fine... 

will the FMC give me updated current CG? if so, I can check to see if there was an abrupt change...

Mike Ryder

I just did the same flight again...After the sever jerking subsided....The plane pitched up so high it stalled...even in level flight at max speed...

With failures and icing disabled...how can a fully fueled plane fall out of the sky by itself in cruise???

Mike Ryder

9 minutes ago, rennman said:

I just did the same flight again...After the sever jerking subsided....The plane pitched up so high it stalled...even in level flight at max thrust...

With failures and icing disabled...how can a fully fueled plane fall out of the sky by itself in cruise???

By using other add-ons that cause it to do so.

FSUIPC and/or weather program?

Kyle Rodgers

Sounds like you are blaming the weather engine...At this point I'm inclined to agree...But how can a weather program corrupt flight dynamics? I'm using ASE, and as far as I know...it's just modeling real world conditions.

And even after I clear all weather...She's still pitched way up at max speed in level flight.

Thank you

Mike Ryder.

Check the SAT temperature.  Some weather engines and FSX combined were very prone to unrealistic conditions, for example much warmer than normal (SAT should be around 0C at 17000) means much thinner or less dense air so less power and higher angle of attach required for lift.

• Upvote 1

Dan Downs KCRP

Is that the original QOTS 747 for FSX? I can't figure out what is wrong. You can;

- Check your gross weight under the FSX payload menu. (Don't change anything, just not the gross weight).

- Is/was your speedbrake extended?

The TAT looks OK for 350 KIAS. At 1st I thought it might have been the FSX realism setting of displaying TAS on the IAS display, but it is not it when you look at the ND. So it beats me. Hope you figure it out.

Xander Koote

All round aviation geek

1st Officer Boeing 777

17 hours ago, rennman said:

But how can a weather program corrupt flight dynamics?

Flight dynamics depend on the simulation of air. Air, and the conditions in it, are what cause weather, and that weather, in turn, affects flight dynamics.

Weather engines cause weather in the sim. This weather affects the plane. Not sure how a weather program couldn't corrupt flight dynamics.

Think of it this way: high temps will cause the plane to perform poorly. If a weather program is providing an unrealistically high temperature to the sim, is it the plane misbehaving, or the weather program corrupting its fidelity by giving it bad data?

17 hours ago, rennman said:

I'm using ASE, and as far as I know...it's just modeling real world conditions.

In theory, yes.

It's providing basic real world data, but it's also interpreting it. Have a look at your turbulence slider. What is it set to? This slider can actually end up hitting your plane with g forces in the sim that can result in 4g+ swings. This is unrealistic for just about all the turbulence you'd find out in the real world, unless there's particularly severe weather. Same goes for the turbulence caused by wind.

If you're handing the flight model a situation that is unrealistic, is it reasonable to expect it to behave normally?

Kyle Rodgers

I f you look at the screenshot...I'm still pitched up in level flight with max thrust..AFTER I cleared all weather...that's what I meant by corrupting the flight dynamics...I still don't know what happened...but it DID happen right after the plane was violently tossed around by winds at FL340...