Sign in to follow this  
mikced76

Saitek A2A cherokee radios

During VFR flights with default ATC I cant get the feature where MCE automatically detects the airport when I tune the correct tower frequency on the com radio. I like the idea of that feature not having to go through the menu options to find the airport you want to establish contact with.

I have made sure the MCE config file has the correct setting by updating the GoFlight from 0 to 1. Although I use the Saitek radio rather than the GoFlight module and my aircraft is the A2A Cherokee. I hope this does not contribute to the problem, the A2A aircraft beeing a complex aircraft and all.

mike

11 hours ago, mikced76 said:

During VFR flights with default ATC I cant get the feature where MCE automatically detects the airport when I tune the correct tower frequency on the com radio. I like the idea of that feature not having to go through the menu options to find the airport you want to establish contact with.

I have made sure the MCE config file has the correct setting by updating the GoFlight from 0 to 1. Although I use the Saitek radio rather than the GoFlight module and my aircraft is the A2A Cherokee. I hope this does not contribute to the problem, the A2A aircraft beeing a complex aircraft and all.

mike

Don't have Saitek hardware, nor A2A Cherokee.

First check the feature against one of default FSX or P3D aircraft.

If that works, then it's either A2A not using default FSX tokens and events that handle the radios (eventually try clicking and swapping radios in VC manually and see if MCE is responding accordingly) or Saitek hardware maybe not compatible. 

The latter can only be confirmed by other users hopefully.

Note, the feature will only work when no flight plan is detected.