Sign in to follow this  

LNM was working perfectly with sids and stars after fsAerodata update  and once I started program but not sids and stars were loaded (cant load procedures into flight plan) or in some airport only some of them.

What is the solution? 

I tried already to rebuilt date from scenery library.

mark 

Hi Mark,

are all SIDs and STARs missing or only some when you select for "Show Procedures" for an airport? You have any examples?

The "can't load" message can appear if an airport has changed runways or procedures. Then LNM is not able to find the procedures when loading a PLN file which was created before the update. But this should happen rarely.

Alex

Not all SIDs and STARS are missing, For EDDT there are plenty of procedures and LNM shows only few. I will send you example later.  

Hi Mark,

just checked. I have the latest FSAD update but I can see the procedures. But I did not install an add-on airport for EDDT and EDDH.

Just to be sure: Check if the stock Garmin displays the procedures. Means: The stock one replaced according to fsAerodata instructions.

Can you show me what the section "Scenery" in the information window on tab "Airport" shows? You can copy and paste it. No screenshot needed.

Are these add-on airports installed using the add-on.xml method?

Alex

Scenery

0601 Base

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX51130.bgl

Airport Berlin-Tegel

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Ecosystem\aerosoft\Airport Berlin-Tegel\Scenery\EDDT_AFX-OP02.BGL

FSAD_Navaids

C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL

FSAD_Approaches

C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC\scenery\EDDT.BGL

FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GEN_EDDT.bgl

Scenery

0601 Base

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Scenery\0601\scenery\APX50120.bgl

JustSim-EDDH P3Dv4

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimMarket\JustSim-EDDH P3Dv4\data\Scenery\AFX_EDDH.bgl

FSAD_Navaids

C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids\scenery\FSAD_comms.BGL

FSAD_Approaches

C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC\scenery\EDDH.BGL

FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY

C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY\scenery\ADE_FTX_GEN_EDDH.bgl

No addon install  with add-on.xml method

I use Garmin 750 from flight1 and all procedures are there I dona use stock Garmin so I dont know how to check sorry

Mark

The scenery entries look ok. Does your scenery.cfg have three entries at the bottom as shown below?

[Area.198]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Layer=198
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.199]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC
Layer=199
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

[Area.200]
Title=FSAD_Approaches1
Local=C:\Users\alex\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs
Layer=200
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE

1 minute ago, Tolo303sq said:

I use Garmin 750 from flight1 and all procedures are there I dona use stock Garmin so I dont know how to check sorry

The Garmin 750 load the procedures from another source which is not related to BGL file stuff.

The stock GPS is the only way to check if something is wrong with scenery loading. I try to mimic P3D as good as possible but there are always problems remaining.

Can you try to exclude the path "C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY" from loading and reload the db?

Options dialog on tab "Scenery Library Database". Add the path to the upper box.

If all else fails contact me by email. I might ask for some files then.

Alex

I have those entries in scenery.cfg but not at the bottom 

Area.154]
Title=FSAD_Navaids
Local=C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\Navaids
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=154

[Area.155]
Title=FSAD_Approaches
Local=C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=155

[Area.156]
Title=FSAD_Approaches1
Local=C:\Users\MIXE\Documents\fsAerodata Files\Navigation Data\P3D\PROC_SIDs
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=156

The bottom line is:

[Area.236]
Title=FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Local=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAA_ORBXLIBS
Active=TRUE
Required=FALSE
Layer=236

[Area.236] might be the problem. It has a higher layer number and is therefore loaded after FSAD as the scenery entries from LNM's information window indicate too (they are in loading order).

Try to exclude the path as I wrote above. That is a quick test to check if the Orbx scenery entry is in the wrong position.

Or you can move that before the FSAD entries. That means it has to get a lower layer number below 154 too.

I think (not at my flying computer now) the Orbx products come with a tool that allows to change the insertion point for scenery entries.

Alex

I think I found an error in LNM.

If an entry like FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY is higher than fsAerodata it will erase the SIDs and STARs. Usually these are only altitude corrections to adapt the airport to ORBX scenery.

A workaround is to exclude C:\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\ORBX\FTX_EU\FTX_EU_GEN_05_SCENERY in LNM's options dialog from loading.

Alex

Update:

It is not an error in LNM: ADE_FTX_FTXG_ESNN.BGL contains approach procedures but neither SIDs nor STARs. This list of procedures overrides all what was added by FSAD if the scenery entries are in wrong order.

Alex

Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction on this. It's been driving me mad that LNM hasn't had any STAR/SIDs, especially since I've seen screenshots and other people using the feature. Then I reordered my SceneryLibrary to make sure I have the FSAD approaches on top of the library, and everything is great now :)

e8lyN33.png

(When the SID you choose is as long as the route you will fly...)