Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for P3D v4.1 - Release Schedule & New Features

10 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

All released now - thanks for your patience (well, most of you) :)

Good day Matt. Thanks for your work on this. Any chance of a patch for those of us who purchased from 3rd party vendors, who may take up to a week to push out the updated version?

9 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Good day Matt. Thanks for your work on this. Any chance of a patch for those of us who purchased from 3rd party vendors, who may take up to a week to push out the updated version?

I bought from SimMarket but I set up an account on SimTweaks and when I log in there it shows the latest version 2.60 as available for download - have you tried that? If you bought from SimMarket it says so when you log in/register on SimTweaks. Hope that helps!

James

7 minutes ago, JamesIceland said:

I bought from SimMarket but I set up an account on SimTweaks and when I log in there it shows the latest version 2.60 as available for download - have you tried that? If you bought from SimMarket it says so when you log in/register on SimTweaks. Hope that helps!

James

Oh, well that's handy. Thanks James, I'll give it a go right now.

4 minutes ago, EasyE said:

Oh, well that's handy. Thanks James, I'll give it a go right now.

No worries, I can confirm it is working really well. I have it all set up ok and I'm using the FlightBeam visuals pack which looks incredible (with the extra reshade bits and modded PTA preset from ThoPat).

Thanks Matt for sorting this.

James

6 minutes ago, JamesIceland said:

No worries, I can confirm it is working really well. I have it all set up ok and I'm using the FlightBeam visuals pack which looks incredible (with the extra reshade bits and modded PTA preset from ThoPat).

Thanks Matt for sorting this.

James

Well...I must be missing something? I confirm I see the new version available on SimTweaks, but no way to download the new version without purchasing again. Simmarket still shows v2.52 on my account.

1 minute ago, EasyE said:

Well...I must be missing something? I confirm I see the new version available on SimTweaks, but no way to download the new version without purchasing again. Simmarket still shows v2.52 on my account.

Maybe Simmarket hasn’t published to user accounts yet. It does take them time to get the files and add them to every user accounts. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

When I log in I see my order and when I click "view" on the right hand side it takes me to a page with the order information in SimTweaks - on the right of this page is a download link which is for 2.60. It also has my SimMarket PTA key and all info on this page. Can you access that page? If you have bought from SimMarket I think it automatically appears in SimTweaks - I don't remember having to register anything with SimTweaks...(that doesn't mean I didn't though...)

1 minute ago, Wise87 said:

Maybe Simmarket hasn’t published to user accounts yet. It does take them time to get the files and add them to every user accounts. 

In SimMarket I only have v2.52 whereas through SimTweaks I have the new version 2.60. It looks like we don't have to wait for SimMarket to update as the order is linked to SimTweaks

4 minutes ago, JamesIceland said:

When I log in I see my order and when I click "view" on the right hand side it takes me to a page with the order information in SimTweaks - on the right of this page is a download link which is for 2.60. It also has my SimMarket PTA key and all info on this page. Can you access that page? If you have bought from SimMarket I think it automatically appears in SimTweaks - I don't remember having to register anything with SimTweaks...(that doesn't mean I didn't though...)

I'm not seeing anything like that on my end. SimTweaks says "no orders for this account" and of course Simmarket is what it is.

I'm not seeing anything like that on my end. SimTweaks says "no orders for this account" and of course Simmarket is what it is.

That's really odd - I'm pretty sure it automatically found my order as I really don't remember having to do anything to register it with SimTweaks. That said I don't remember having a SimTweaks account but today I had to reset my password as my email was registered - therefore I must have registered at some point and there is a chance I linked the SimMarket order to it? Perhaps Matt or someone else can clarify how it works...I honestly cannot remember!

55 minutes ago, MattDavies said:

All released now - thanks for your patience (well, most of you) :)

Thanks Matt! You're awesome :)

1 minute ago, JamesIceland said:

That's really odd - I'm pretty sure it automatically found my order as I really don't remember having to do anything to register it with SimTweaks. That said I don't remember having a SimTweaks account but today I had to reset my password as my email was registered - therefore I must have registered at some point and there is a chance I linked the SimMarket order to it? Perhaps Matt or someone else can clarify how it works...I honestly cannot remember!

No worries James. Hopefully Simmarket will update from their end soon. Since I just got P3D v4 the day before yesterday I'm still in the "add-on install" mode so I've got plenty to keep me busy.

I'll check Simmarket periodically throughout the day. I'm sure they'll get to when they can. Thanks for the assist.

7 minutes ago, JamesIceland said:

Hurrah! I realized that I had registered on Simtweaks with a different email than my Simmarket account. So I went to create a new account at Simtweak and it told me that the email I entered was already taken. Weird since I've never registered with Simtweaks before.

So I did a password recovery, logged in and voila! I have the purchase in my account with a link to download the new version! 

Thanks James for your help and thank you Matt for this great tool!

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.