Sign in to follow this  
MattDavies

PTA for P3D v4.1 - Release Schedule & New Features

Just now, EasyE said:

Hurrah! I realized that I had registered on Simtweaks with a different email than my Simmarket account. So I went to create a new account at Simtweak and it told me that the email I entered was already taken. Weird since I've never registered with Simtweaks before.

So I did a password recovery, logged in and voila! I have the purchase in my account with a link to download the new version! 

Thanks James for your help and thank you Matt for this great tool!

Haha, no worries, that's exactly what happened to me!

Thanks Matt for the update! I like your ini file v1.3! Looks very good!

OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit//Case: NZXT H7 Elite Black//CPU: i9 13900KS@6ghz//Mobo: Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX//AIO: Corsair H150i Elite LCD Capellix Black//RAM: Kingston Fury Renegade RGB DDR5 6400Mhz - 64GB//GPU: Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming OC//Storage: Seagate FireCuda 530 - 4TBx2 plus 1x Intel SSDPEKNW020T8-2TB//PSU: Be Quiet! Pure Power 12 M 1000W//Monitor: LG 37,5 L 38WP85C-W//Joystick: Saitek X-52 Pro//Keyboard: Logitech G213 Prodigy

Thanks for the update, Matt.

However, I'm getting an error with FlightBeam's Visual Pack

Preset D:\Games\Prepar3D\pta_thopat_FB_modded.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.1.7 build 22841 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Applying preset D:\Games\Prepar3D\pta_thopat_FB_modded.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
   Applying [TerrainNightSaturation] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 1] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 1] : the desired block is not found
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 2] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 2] : the desired block is not found
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 3] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

Don't really know... I can of course disable the custom Clouds directional lighting tweak, which is causing problems...

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

15 minutes ago, Anders Bermann said:

Thanks for the update, Matt.

However, I'm getting an error with FlightBeam's Visual Pack

Preset D:\Games\Prepar3D\pta_thopat_FB_modded.ini loaded
Prepar3D 4.1.7 build 22841 detected as target verson
Shaders cache directory found at C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\
Prepar3D main configuration file found at C:\Users\Anders\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.cfg
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

Applying preset D:\Games\Prepar3D\pta_thopat_FB_modded.ini...
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\Cloud.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\General.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\GPUTerrain.fx not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\FuncLibrary.fxh not found
ERROR applying preset: source file D:\Downloads\Flight Simulator Updates\### - PTA for Prepar3D v4 - ###\SHADERS_BACKUP\PostProcess\HDR.hlsl not found
   Applying [Tweak main config (prepar3D.cfg)] to Main config file
   Applying [TerrainNightSaturation] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 1] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 1] : the desired block is not found
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 2] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 2] : the desired block is not found
   Applying [Clouds directional lighting 3] to D:\Games\Prepar3D\ShadersHLSL\Cloud.fx
ERROR applying custom tweak [Clouds directional lighting 3] : the desired block is not found
Preset has been applied with errors. See log above
Shaders cache cleared

Don't really know... I can of course disable the custom Clouds directional lighting tweak, which is causing problems...

Hey Anders, I'm using the same FlightBeam visual pack with no problems - your error is to do with the original P3D shaders missing I think. I had it once before and just reinstalled them (in v4). When I updated to v4.1 I think the defaults were again reinstalled so I didn't receive this error using the new PTA version today. Have you opened PTA immediately after updating to v4.1?

Hmm - maybe... weird... is there some way of rebuiding the shaders in the ShadersHLSL folder?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

thopat profile was the cause for me.  I put on Matt's until Thopat fixes theirs. :P.  Getting the same error Anders is getting. Where do I find to turn off that cloud directional lighting tweak???:cool:

Capt. Robert Rixx

Wasn't it suppose to be the new version 2.60? In the Sim Market I can see version 2.52 (v1.1) Is this the same for everyone or are we suppose to wait for a Sim Market update?

Erhan M. ARTUC

3 minutes ago, artuncs said:

Wasn't it suppose to be the new version 2.60? In the Sim Market I can see version 2.52 (v1.1) Is this the same for everyone or are we suppose to wait for a Sim Market update?

Matt Davies

Founder/CEO - Mettar Simulations

=====
Prepar3D Tweak Assistant (PTA) available here: https://www.simtweaks.com
projectFLY - one of the most used virtual aviation platforms (now with GLOBAL schedules):  https://www.projectfly.co.uk

Just one more voice to say, "Thank you Matt."

P3D4.1 has thrown a cat among the pigeons with a lot of addons that needed changes and/or fixes and it amazes me how quickly everyone responded.

I take my hat off for all you developers.

Terblanche Jordaan

On 10/12/2017 at 9:06 PM, Mitritch said:

It's just an indication of how big of an impact this small tool has.

I, personally, eagerly await its release too, trying not to write about it in this forum. :)

Now a days without mobile phone , internet, email are very  important in life to work from any where in this globe. without internet , mobile u lead your life 3~4 days then you feel it....similarly P3D without PTA it looks odd ...then you don't likely to fly. PTA magic is different. :biggrin:...So asking someone regarding this .... I think its not a crime... you people are replying like ...I asked wrong question in forum. 

Sign in to follow this  

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.