Sign in to follow this  
SO666

Air Atlantic G-APSA repaint question

Hi.

Today i downloaded Air Atlantic G-APSA which did not look like air atlantic in the small viewer window , once installed i found the aircraft was infact British Eagle livery , is this aircraft miss titled as air atlantic , and if i change this title , it may cause issues with the op centre , if this aircraft is miss titled , could PMDG please rectify the title to British Eagle G-APSA and update the OPS centre to reflect this new title for the aircraft..

regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

4 minutes ago, SO666 said:

could PMDG please

Requests for direct support from PMDG need to be made through the official support portal (linked in my signature). This is the forum for user-to-user support.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

I am going around in circles with the stupid system on the PMDG web site , i cannot get to a page to even submit a ticket.

It never used to be this bad ,

please advise with specific steps needed to submit a ticket.

regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

Alan,

You go to https://support.precisionmanuals.com/Main/

if you never open a ticket you need to register (this registration is different from the one at the store). As soon as you register you can open a ticket with support.

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Hi.

I had submitted tickets in the past , could not remember the sign in so requested a reminder , once this came i was able to log in and submit a ticket , thankyou for the help , but there as got to be an easier way of reporting and fixing snags then your present method .

regards alan cottrill.

Alan Cottrill.

3 hours ago, SO666 said:

but there as got to be an easier way of reporting and fixing snags then your present method .

Confused as to how it's difficult.

There:
You log in, click Ticket, and submit a ticket that is guaranteed to be seen by one of the team members, and all correspondence is tracked in that ticket.

Here:
You log in, find the appropriate forum, click Start New Topic, and type out a post, hoping it will be seen, and hoping that any responses won't get buried by other questions/comments/etc. because there is no tracking at all.

Please explain your reasoning, if you wouldn't mind.

Kyle Rodgers

Hi.

The forum is not the problem , your pmdg web site is the one that needs looking at.

If i wish to submit a ticket , i should just need to hit product support and see a ticket button , then fill out my order number / email / product problem.

instead i was going around the houses trying to get help , that only served to frustrate me even more , and is not made clear enough that you need to log in  first.

regards alan cottrill

Alan Cottrill.

Hi Alan,

In regards to your question about G-ASPA. A quick internet search reveals that it was originally purchased for Eagle Airways. Through several transfers of ownership, the aircraft became operated by Air Atlantique. At some point, Air Atlantique repainted the aircraft to the British Eagle livery. Photos indicate it made several air show appearances and other PR visits. It's probably appropriate to consider this a 'historical' or 'heritage' livery. I never thought much of it, being from the USA, but the issue prompted my search. For the FSX version of the DC-6 on the OC, the thumbnail has always been accurate for the aircraft (British Eagle) from my memory. It appears the aircraft is currently undergoing a full restoration/overhaul for fractional ownership.

http://thedc6.com/heritage/

Robert Toten