Sign in to follow this  
Emile

My Traffic 6a in P3D V4 and later V4.1 happy?

Hello, 

I have too many CTD with my "old" FSX traffic I will move to an other Tool .

If you use My Traffic 6a do you like it? Military and civil traffic all over the world

What about the manual installation? , I do not want to install inside the P3D Folder , I do not use the .xml option , I want to use the scenery.cfg method.

Thanks in advance

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

Military traffic causes frequent CTDs with My Traffic. Usually the first advice given whenever someone posts about My Traffic CTDs is to disable the military traffic .bgl

I have used My Traffic before and I was reasonably happy with it. Its main disadvantage for me was its performance hit - you really need a traffic limiter like FSUIPC to keep the AI planes at a reasonable number.

Since moving to P3D v4 I have decided to retire My Traffic and try something else. I am now using UT Live and I am much happier with it. Very little performance hit and better AI models.

2 minutes ago, JacquesBrel said:

Military traffic causes frequent CTDs with My Traffic.

This was fixed by removing aircraft made for FS9 and earlier and textures that were not compatible with P3DV4.  However, disabling the trafficmil.bgl will do it too but some like to see the military traffic.

24 minutes ago, Emile said:

If you use My Traffic 6a do you like it? Military and civil traffic all over the world

What about the manual installation? , I do not want to install inside the P3D Folder , I do not use the .xml option , I want to use the scenery.cfg method.

MyTrafficX Professional (6A) works well in P3DV4.  It can reside in the scenery.cfg (although it is easy to make an addon.xml.  The scenery file requires some editing to remove any airports you have added as they will conflict with any new addons.  The P3D Tips and Tricks forum has a topic on how to install the program in P3Dv4.

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Here is the link to fixing the textures and removing aircraft -

• Upvote 1

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hello , 
Thanks for your answer.... I'll wait after 4.1
Have a nice day

Emile EBBR Z590 Aorus Elite, i9-11900K 3.5Ghz Nvidia RTX 3060, 16 GB Mem, SSD 1Tera + other HDDs, Dual Boot . Win11 Pro X64

I no longer use My Traffic 6, but this might be of interest to other users. The developer of My Traffic 6, Burkhard Renk (who has had health issues) posted this on his official support forum:

Dear friends,

thank you for all your good wishes, your patience and your help. The bad news I have for you is that there is no medical improvement yet. The good news for me and you is that I could retire now from my main job - so I hope (do not promise, but hope) to come back here in the sence that I will be able to visit this forum once or twice a week and to start to continue work on MyTraffic.

To define a smaller project for the time beeing, and to have enough time to get all the tools working again, I want to concentrate on a simple paint update first - using the existing schedules and airports and just refreshing the liveries.

I will ask for that on another topic.

Yours Burkhard

• Upvote 1

On 10/9/2017 at 9:32 AM, Jim Young said:

This was fixed by removing aircraft made for FS9 and earlier and textures that were not compatible with P3DV4.  However, disabling the trafficmil.bgl will do it too but some like to see the military traffic.

MyTrafficX Professional (6A) works well in P3DV4.  It can reside in the scenery.cfg (although it is easy to make an addon.xml.  The scenery file requires some editing to remove any airports you have added as they will conflict with any new addons.  The P3D Tips and Tricks forum has a topic on how to install the program in P3Dv4.

Hi Jim, 

I just got MYT6 today for P3Dv4.1. Is there way to identify which are the FS9 aircraft and delete those rascals? 

Secondly, is there a secondary military provider that could be added alongside MYT6A? 

I almost got UT Live but I don't want a beta. Look like it could be years before the F1 UTL could go full production. 

59 minutes ago, Les Parson said:

Is there way to identify which are the FS9 aircraft and delete those rascals? 

I was going to put the following in the AVSIM CTD Guide but haven't had time...

According to AVSIM members jabloomfl230 and 4L0M, delete the following aircraft from the MyTraffic/Aircraft folder as they are not compatible with P3DV4.  The aircraft folders contain FS9 models and can crash your sim.  They do not work properly even if they do not crash your sim because of the FS9 textures:

AS365MX
B707MTM
B742MTM
B762MX
B763MX
BAe1461MX
BAe1462MX
BAe1463MX
CRJ2MX
CV440MX
DC10MTM
DC6MX
DC8-50MX
DC8-61MX
DC8-62MX
DC8-63MX
DC91MX
DC93MX
DC95MX
F14MX
HarrierMX
MD11MX
SH3MX
UH1MX
UH60MX  

I created a folder in the MyTrafficX directory with title "Not_V4_Compatible_Aircraft" and simply moved the folders to this directory (in case there were issues).  It is impossible to know for sure whether this suggestion works in eliminating crashes because there are so many causes of crashes (i.e., high settings, bad overclocks, the mytrafficmil.bgl, etc.) but it seems that trying to load incompatible textures from AI aircraft could easily trigger a CTD or freeze so I recommend it.

Best regards,

Jim

Submit News to AVSIM

Thanks Jim, much appreciated. By the way, UT Live doesn't include military, does it?