Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

US Cities X

Which, if any, of the US Cities X are compatible in P3dv4?  How are they on performance?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

I use Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Chicago, Boston, New Orleans and SFO. No problem with performance. My hardware is in my signature. I am not an ORBX fan, so no FTX/ORBX installed.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Ok cool.. You use them in VR right?  I use ORBX< but not Vector anymore and fly PMDG's and FSLabs when that comes out.  I wonder if those planes would make performance an issue.  My setup is similar to yours. 

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

No VR yet. I am waiting for a while before researching that and taking the plunge. To do that will require a fairly hefty video card which my 270x is not. However, I am pleased with it's performance in normal flying.

P.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

How can cities addons have no fps hit?

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, pgde said:

No VR yet. I am waiting for a while before researching that and taking the plunge. To do that will require a fairly hefty video card which my 270x is not. However, I am pleased with it's performance in normal flying.

P.

Sorry.  By "VR" I meant V4.  Not sure how the R got in there. 

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Which, if any, of the US Cities X are compatible in P3dv4?

None according the Aerosoft shop. But that shouldn't stop anyone from trying them in P3D4.:wink: I have Indianapolis but it's not installed... yet.

1 hour ago, Milton Waddams said:

So to confirm that they are indeed compatible?

I  have them installed in v4.0 and no problem. Makes the LA area look very realistic. Darn autocorrect (VR -> V4) :)

On ‎10‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:06 PM, pgde said:

I  have them installed in v4.0 and no problem. Makes the LA area look very realistic. Darn autocorrect (VR -> V4) :)

How were you able to get it into V4?  I tried but wasn't successful/ 

I would also be interested how to get a US Cities X scenery for V4 installed.

Yes, me too.  HOW do you get them into V4.1?   I knew how to do it exactly in FSX, but in P3d, I have no real idea on exactly how to do it.

Stan

Sorry for the delay in responding. You need to do the following:

1. Make sure there is a file named "fsx.exe" in your prepar3d v4 main folder.
  2. Start up the Cities installer. Follow the prompts until you get to the installation folder.
  3. Change the folder to where you have P3D installed.
  4. Let the installer complete its work.
  5. Edit the scenery.cfg file to include the required information as with any other scenery

If you get an error that fsx can't be found and it really isn't, you will need to copy it from another installation or make a fake fsx.exe

If you get an error that fsx can't be found (and your installer has a P3D v3 option, [none have a v4 option]) you will need to edit your registry to point the two paths of P3d v3 to P3D v4. Here is an example:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3d v3]
"SetupPath"="E:\\prepar3d v4\\"
"AppPath"="E:\\prepar3d v4\\"

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any problems.

P.

On Saturday, October 14, 2017 at 9:01 AM, bobnv said:

Anyone know if US Cities X - Niagara Falls/Buffalo works with V4 ?

+1.

spacer.png