Sign in to follow this  
CptVince

Beware New Geforce Driver 387.92

Hello all,

As much as this could be an isolated issue, I feel that it is still pertinent to share it with you. I installed the new driver 387.92 earlier today and haven't been able to start Prepar3D. The initial loading screen would just stay there forever and I'd never get to the menu. After rolling back to 385.69, everything works fine.

Again, probably an isolated issue, just sharing this if some of you are having the same problems. 

Best,

Vincent

• Upvote 1

I also updated this morning, and am 6:34 into a flight from VOBL to EGLL and have had no issues. 

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

I just updated as well and have no issues. Currently cruising to MEM. 

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

anyone confirm if this driver works with fslabs spotlights?  I'm still on a really old one because of that issue.

26 minutes ago, ZLA Steve said:

I also updated this morning, and am 6:34 into a flight from VOBL to EGLL and have had no issues. 

Good to know, I have no clue why this didn't work for me. But it seems to be working with the majority of you, which is great news.

Hi CptVince,

As some posts have indicated above, their sims are running fine with the latest driver, I wonder if it depends on your display driver updating procedure, there may still remain some conflicting components from your previous driver 385.69. Have you tried using "DDU" (Display Driver Uninstaller) and then try a fresh install of the 387.92 Nvidia driver. As a safeguard you should probably keep the 385.69 installer handy just incase the fresh Nvidia driver 387.92 bellyflops after install. Don't use driver rollback, a fresh display driver install is always best, it can also help to refresh your sim shaders after a new display driver installation.

I never use DDU and just use clean install provided by Nvidia. New driver working fine for me in P3Dv4 so far (fingers crossed).

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

All fine here after installing it the second time. At first it reported that HiFi as_sound did not load properly (or however it was expressed as an error. Uninstalled and reinstalled without a problem. All is well for now.

But then there is (Jaws music) TOMORROW V4.1. !!!

• Upvote 1

I always delete my shaders if I update to a new driver.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 hours ago, ZLA Steve said:

VOBL doesn't exist in my sim, just the BIA VOR. I flew there the other day from EGLL and no airfield. 9 hours of flying and no airport...... soul destroying.

Have you got an add on for it?

Regards

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

4 hours ago, Bunchy said:

VOBL doesn't exist in my sim... Have you got an add on for it?

http://fsdg-online.com/home/55-bangalore.html

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Cheers, thanks.

Stu

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.