Sign in to follow this  
flyingjafo

How does Xplane go from 11 to 11.10 ?

As a new XP11 flyer with some add on scenery and livereys and programs like lua and headshake, do I need to clean out all addon's before updating to 11.10 ? should I do a full uninstall of 11 with a fresh install of 11.10 when it comes out?

Thanks,

Jefferson

8 minutes ago, flyingjafo said:

As a new XP11 flyer with some add on scenery and livereys and programs like lua and headshake, do I need to clean out all addon's before updating to 11.10 ? should I do a full uninstall of 11 with a fresh install of 11.10 when it comes out?

Thanks,

Jefferson

No, you never need to do a clean install of XP, or uninstall/reinstall addons when upgrading to a new version. You'll just need to run the XPlane installer again (located in your main XP folder) and it'll update all the necessary files. However, you should keep a backup version of your previous install in case there are issues with the new version. 

It's no problem to have a stable release and a beta side by side on the same system. You can even symlink global- and custom scenery to the beta in order to save time and to avoid wasting disk space.

in general you get 2-3 massive updates in the lifecycle of x-plane and a bunch of small ones. Especially with the large ones, a long beta period is not uncommon and sometimes breaking bugs render a beta unusable. So for the big betas it is highly encouraged to use a second install or opt in at the end of the cycle only. otherwise you get alot of frustration