Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

AeroFly FS 2 support comes to scenProc

"Cultivation" is the name for Aeroflys current (in development  for the last few months) internal autogen for photoscenery process, and progress has so far been promising. Now Arno, over at FsDeveloper has taken a look and found that making scenProc compatible with Aerofly works quite well with some pictures of the results available and looking quite promising. Stay tuned for further developments. http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/aerofly-fs-2-support-in-scenproc.441173/

Simultaneously: Below are some pictures from Trespassers (Antoines) ongoing experiments with Aeroflys cultivation process via Osm, and showing early results. Cultivation also extends to night lighting and vegetation.....

So..... for those who wished for the Aerofly world to be a bit less flat in places...... Hold on, you haven't seen anything yet! 

603779aeroflyfs22017100822041658.jpg

780229aeroflyfs22017100822031373.jpg

895565aeroflyfs22017100822250525.jpg

• Upvote 5

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

very nice! Now, add live traffic on roads and water the FS world would look great.

7950X3D / 32GB / RTX4090 / HP Reverb G2 / Win11

Very promissing!. I think ORBX (and probably other developers as well) are waiting for this development to release more scenery for AFS2, like Chicago City, a promissed land full of autogen buildings as a companion for its already released KCGX (Meigs Field).

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

In further developments along this line, Arno now reports: http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/threads/scenproc-support-to-create-cultivation-files.441172/

Hi all,

I have updated my scenProc tool so that it can only create cultivation files for AeroFly FS 2 now. You can find more details on my blog and in the manual of the tool.

https://www.scenerydesign.org/2017/10/aerofly-fs-2-support-in-scenproc/

Hopefully this is a useful feature and if there are any questions or suggestions just let me know.

I have also been in contact with the developers of AeroFly about this now, they mention that the binary form of the cultivation files would be even better for performance. So I'll check if I can add support for that as well.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Very nice! That would make a big difference indeed! But I don't think I will get seriously interested again in Aerofly until it offers a weather engine (or at the very least some realistic looking weather presets). Apart from planes (and scenery) the weather is the most important part of a flightsim. But well, for a sunny summer flight once in a while this autogen is nice indeed. 

It was posted today that weather isn't one of the things IPACS is actually working on right now. And that it will take some time before they will. Such a shame. I don't expect this sim to become a real contender anytime soon without weather. 

18 hours ago, J van E said:

It was posted today that weather isn't one of the things IPACS is actually working on right now. And that it will take some time before they will. Such a shame. I don't expect this sim to become a real contender anytime soon without weather. 

It depends on people's priorities. Users were asked, and chose ATC as the thing they wanted most.....

Now, atc means nothing to me, I would have chosen more visual effects of certain types, but I bow to the majority. (who bothered to answer the poll)

• Upvote 1

Devons rig

On 16-10-2017 at 5:32 PM, HiFlyer said:

It depends on people's priorities. Users were asked, and chose ATC as the thing they wanted most.....

Now, atc means nothing to me, I would have chosen more visual effects of certain types, but I bow to the majority. (who bothered to answer the poll)

Pity I wasn't around yet when that poll was held because I would have made weather a priority. :happy: I also still don't get why ATC became the number 1 on the list. And it's a pity didn't do another poll more recently. Not so they might stop working on ATC but just to know what people want now, when there are a lot more simmers interested in Aerofly.

On 10/18/2017 at 3:43 PM, J van E said:

Pity I wasn't around yet when that poll was held because I would have made weather a priority. :happy: I also still don't get why ATC became the number 1 on the list. And it's a pity didn't do another poll more recently. Not so they might stop working on ATC but just to know what people want now, when there are a lot more simmers interested in Aerofly.

Well, ask 10 simmers what they want, and you will get 5000 answers. :laugh:

Like I said, ATC would not likely have been at the top of my list, but whatcha' gonna do? :emu_melk:

• Upvote 1

Devons rig