Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

Patch Bluesday and P3D v4.1

3 minutes ago, SierraDelta said:

You need to have Win10 Professional for this to stick ;-)

I have enterprise, that could explain it!

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

1 hour ago, B777ER said:

A simple setting change shuts off W10 auto update. 

Hi

coming from os mac... Have w10, where is the setting to shut off ?

20 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

I have enterprise, that could explain it!

Yep, me too... Maybe that's it?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, dmarques69 said:

Gotta to love disabling windows 10 updates :biggrin:

Gotta love a bunch of open exploits!

• Upvote 1

- Aaron

Just now, slait said:

Gotta love a bunch of open exploits!

That just happens if you dont know what you are doing and what you are opening in you computer or visiting in the internet, and for those "suspicious" files or sites there are tools to "know"..

I dont have AV, FW and believe me, my computer is clean as a baby but(after changing the dippers)

Marques

Ryzen 7 7700x@5.4Ghz | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360| RTX 4070 ti | 32GB Ram @5600MHZ| Crucial MX 200 M.2 500GB |Crucial MX200 SATA 500GB | HTC Vive | XIAOMI 43" 4k TV | Acer Predator 27" G-Sync | AOC 32" Freesync

10 minutes ago, dmarques69 said:

That just happens if you dont know what you are doing and what you are opening in you computer or visiting in the internet, and for those "suspicious" files or sites there are tools to "know"..

I dont have AV, FW and believe me, my computer is clean as a baby but(after changing the dippers)

Pretty much the same situation here. AV software did more harm than good in the past for me.  My PC is purely flightsim dedicated.   I don't open or download anything other than flightsim related content on it and stay away from opaque websites.  In the past 4 years, I've not had a problem.

Ironically,  the only invasive and damaging intrusion I have ever had in this time has been good old Microsoft themselves.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

Ironically,  the only invasive and damaging intrusion I have ever had in this time has been good old Microsoft themselves.

LOL! Really? How's that? :biggrin:

I haven't gotten any AV either... only Windows Defender, where I've excluded everything except the Windows folder.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Fortunately, the Windows 10 update does not affect users of P3DV4 or V4.1 whatsoever.  You do not have to change the compatibility to Windows 8.1.  The Windows Update issue only affects P3Dv3.4 users (and it was done on purpose by LM so people would be forced to purchase V4). 

Just kidding about it being done on purpose...

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Exactly.  So what was the point of the OP's "the sky is falling" post?  Especially since the problem does not affect P3D v4.

5 minutes ago, Jim Young said:

Fortunately, the Windows 10 update does not affect users of P3DV4 or V4.1 whatsoever.  You do not have to change the compatibility to Windows 8.1.  The Windows Update issue only affects P3Dv3.4 users (and it was done on purpose by LM so people would be forced to purchase V4). 

Just kidding about it being done on purpose...

I see your point Jim! it all makes sense now! this is why LM choose the same day as MS Windows 10 Update for their release!!!!

J/K

Simbol

2 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

Exactly.  So what was the point of the OP's "the sky is falling" post?  Especially since the problem does not affect P3D v4.

Seemed like fair caution.  No harm done.

Just now, Greggy_D said:

since it is false information.

At least half of the forum content  is based on unwinding, discussing and arguing about false information and rumor.  At least.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, simbol said:

I see your point Jim! it all makes sense now! this is why LM choose the same day as MS Windows 10 Update for their release!!!!

J/K

Simbol

Aren't the Fall Creators Update being released next tuesday, the 17th of October?

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--