Sign in to follow this  
airrace

Realistic prop texture and effect

So I am trying to figure out how to get my prop animation or Texture or effect whatever you want to call it to look a little more realistic instead of just blurry and slow I wanted to look more like the real thing when the prop is running at full speed I currently use the a2a simulations P-51D civilian Mustang so I was wondering how I go about doing that any advice?

Find one of your planes that have a prop texture that you like, go to the texture folder in that plane and your should see a couple of textures files with "prop", in the name, make backup copies of the ones you don't like then add the new ones after changing their names to match the ones you don't like. Make sure they have the same extension. Might have to experiment a little, this has worked for me on a number of aircraft.

Cheers

Martin

Okay I found the texture I like but the prop blur is too slow how do I speed that up and make the blur faster because you can see the dark spots of the prop and it is slow I want to speed that up how do I do that

25 minutes ago, Bjoern said:

P.S: Please improve your grammar. Thank you.

Probably typing on a phone??  I guess no punctuation exists there!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

One can change the animation speed of a propeller in the aircraft.cfg

In each version one would add the following line , higher ratio = faster  , lower = slower

prop_anim_ratio= 0.76

[fltsim.0]
title=
sim=
model=
panel=
sound=
texture=
kb_checklists=
kb_reference=.
atc_id=N315RR
ui_manufacturer=
ui_type=
ui_variation=
ui_typerole=
prop_anim_ratio= 0.76
ui_createdby=
description=

Once satisfied with the rotation the next step is to adjust the alpha channel of the prop texture , typically a darker alpha increases the transparency of the prop disk ,  there are a multitude of posts on painting to peruse should you wish to learn how , type alpha channel into search above and see what comes up .

Best CJ