I want to upgrade my joistick to YOKE but I don't know what is the best YOKE.

My maximum price is 200$.

Some help please

Saitek

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

CH Eclipse - a very well built yoke!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

Tested 2-3 Saiteks which were in use by the exhibitors at FlightSim2017 at Cosford, never having used a yoke before, and it felt innovative using these to control large aircraft and C172s. An exhibitor was doing a Show Price Special bundle of Yoke+2 throttles but I could not locate the stand. Thinking of investing in one if Saitek can be bothered to respond to a query.

Having been strictly a MSFF2 user, using this yoke felt sort of realistic.

Cheap, kiss landings, no probs:

http://www.chproducts.com/Eclipse-Yoke-v13-d-717.html

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX

These days I'm using a Brunner CLS-E but that is not within your budget so I would then suggest the CH yoke as well.

Used not the Eclipse but the older model simply called CH Flight Yoke or something like that and it served me well for some 15 years or so.

Richard Åsberg

38 minutes ago, Jetset408 said:

CH Eclipse - a very well built yoke!

10 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

Cheap, kiss landings, no probs:

http://www.chproducts.com/Eclipse-Yoke-v13-d-717.html

Cheers,

That actually looks pretty neat...! Didn't somehow see this one before. Lots of buttons and even throttle, prop and mixture controls. Funny little thing. How does the quality compare to that of the Saitek (which has no throttle, prop and mixture)?

8 minutes ago, J van E said:

How does the quality compare to that of the Saitek (which has no throttle, prop and mixture)?

I've used both Saitek and CH yokes and I would say they are very much playing in the same league when it comes to build quality and overall feeling.

However I personally prefer the CH yokes over the Saitek ones but I'm sure others will tell you the opposite. Very much a personal thing I guess which one you like best but either one will give you a great control in that price range.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, WebMaximus said:

I've used both Saitek and CH yokes and I would say they are very much playing in the same league when it comes to build quality and overall feeling.

However I personally prefer the CH yokes over the Saitek ones but I'm sure others will tell you the opposite. Very much a personal thing I guess which one you like best but either one will give you a great control in that price range.

Interesting. I've been thinking about a yoke and thought the Saitek was the only one to get in my price range. But this CH is in the same league (a bit more expensive) but seems to offer a lot more buttons, knobs, switches etc. and all that in one device. The Saitek throttle quadrant is a pretty big device on its own already.

The addition of the 3 levers on the CH Eclipse Yoke have been very useful, as well as the rudder paddles (even though I have rudder pedals, you will see below that I have found a use for it).

I use the 3 way switch on the front of the Yoke to change the profile for key and axis mapping. These profiles also include the CH Flightstick which I have plugged in.

I use them set up as:

1. GA aircraft - Flightstick & Yoke X-Y axis both enabled, Throttle, Prop, Mixture, Rudder paddle disabled

2. Airliners - Flightstick & Yoke X-Y axis both enabled (covers both Boeing and Airbus), Throttle, Prop disabled, Mixture used as Spoilers, Rudder paddle disabled

3. Majestic Q400 - Flightstick disabled, Throttle, Prop, Mixture disabled, Rudder Paddle used as steering tiller

So I use a combination of Flightstick and Eclipse Yoke when it comes to throttle controlling an Airbus or a stick-GA aitcraft. Saves on cluttering my desk with a separate throttle quadrant!

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

CH Eclipse CH Eclipse CH Eclipse. Had one for  9 years and never had any problems.  Sold it and no complaints from the simmer who brought it.  If you search the forums you'll see Saiteks having problems way more than CH Eclipse has. Just don't use the CH software.  More trouble than it's worth and the Eclipse works fine right out of the box.

Forever indebted to the late Michael Greenblatt of FSGS.

1 hour ago, Jetset408 said:

as well as the rudder paddles

+1 to the above, absolutely handy for taxiing with autorudder disabled.

Cheers,

Massimo Burti

Intel Core i9-13900K ¦ 64GB DDR4-3200 - 2x 32GB - Kingston Fury Beast - black ¦ 2x 2TB - m.2 NVMe Gen4 - Samsung 980 Pro ¦ Asus ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming WiFi D4  ¦ Asus TUF RTX 3080 Gaming OC LHR - 12GB ¦ 1000W - 80+ Platinum - Seasonic Prime PX