1 hour ago, J van E said:

Interesting. I've been thinking about a yoke and thought the Saitek was the only one to get in my price range. But this CH is in the same league (a bit more expensive) but seems to offer a lot more buttons, knobs, switches etc. and all that in one device. The Saitek throttle quadrant is a pretty big device on its own already.

A good food for thought observation. I too may look at CHs. Pity they were not at Cosford.

13 minutes ago, vp49p3 said:

Just don't use the CH software.  More trouble than it's worth and the Eclipse works fine right out of the box.

Unless you want to do some clever mapping like I suggested in my post. I actually found the software pretty good. Better than Saitek/Madcats version. But absolutely agree with you that it works out of the box and is not needed.

Rob Bates
Simming since the age of 10 with MSFS 5.0

P3D v5.0 | 10700K (@stock) | EVGA GTX1080Ti SC2 | Z490-E ROG STRIX | 32GB 3600MHz | 970 EVO Plus M.2 & EVO 850 SSDs | H115i cooling | NZXT H440 Case | Samsung 32" CJG 1440p Curved Monitor | Virtual-Fly Ruddo & TQ3+ | Thrustmaster FCS Sidestick | Skalarki MCDU

Ask me about (my most flown): FSLabs A320-X series | MaddogX
In the hangar: Majestic Q400 Pro | PMDG 747 | A2A C182, Cherokee, Comanche & Spitfire

I've used a CH yoke for 15 years. They are pretty good for what they are. The elevator axis is probably the biggest issue with the yoke. They tend to get sticky and have a pretty loose idea of returning to neutral. But for the money, they do the job well enough that I haven't run out to get a different one since I bought mine in 2002.

I am interested in that new Honeycomb yoke coming out...well whenever it is supposed to come out.

Chris

Seems pretty unanimous that the CH Eclipse takes it. What about something around $500? VRInsight maybe? 

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

It pained me and my wallet to pay for a PFC Yoke 2 years ago, but I'm seriously glad I did.  Solid hardware investment is never a waste and completely changes your flightsim experience.

Might want to wait a bit before making that investment.  There is a new player coming to market in the next two to three months. Was featured on Avsim's front page what's new column sometime late last month. I believe the name was Honeycomb or something like that. Cannot count the times with this activity that I have found myself spending and then immediately afterwards seeing a better choice arrive.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I use Saitek Pro Flight Cessna. Like it a lot.

Looking at this for a throttle quadrant. http://flyhoneycomb.com/ Christmas is just around the corner.:smile: If they release it in time.

3 hours ago, WebMaximus said:

These days I'm using a Brunner CLS-E but that is not within your budget so I would then suggest the CH yoke as well.

Used not the Eclipse but the older model simply called CH Flight Yoke or something like that and it served me well for some 15 years or so.

Richard,

Based on videos I've seen, this has become the yoke of my dreams. How do you like the Brunner yoke? I assume it was not too difficult to set up. Are the forces and trim simulation realistic? How about forward and aft yoke travel...is it realistic? It's a REALLY expensive yoke, but appears to be the best of the best.

Curious if you also have their pedals?

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just thought of a few things to consider.  I have used both CH and Saitek yokes. Two brands, two approaches (no pun intended)

To what type of surface will you be mounting a yoke? Do you have a dedicated desk for sim use? Or will you mount the yoke for flying, then remove it when using the area for other purposes?  I do not have a desk dedicated solely to flying. My desk is an office desk with a decorative bull nose (front edge).  The reach of the CH mounting jaws was not adequate and the teeth of the lower jaws was not secure.  The yoke would occasionally come loose during flight,  Very frustrating. Later I created a desk by bridging a finished blank 36" door across two file cabinets. The CH mount's jaws would not open wide enough to fit until I purchased a set of accessory jaws from CH.  Don't know if they are still available.  I am back to a decorative office desk with bullnose and the Saitek I now use mounts easily and firmly.

The CH has a fore-aft rocker switch on the left hand pod, and the all directional hat switch on the right hand pod. After using the CH for about 10 years and wearing it out, I acquired the Saitek Pro Cessna Yoke.  It has the ht switch on the left hand pod. I am right-handed and did not find the transition easy. I still find it difficult to make fine view adjustments to the right. My dexterity with my left thumb with that motion is just not as good as with my right thumb was with the CH Yoke.  Also with the CH I used the rocker switch, though small, for trim control. That location and style is a more accurate representation than using the four way rocker switch on the left hand pod of the Saitek yoke. That rocker switch on the CH, though small, is a more accurate representation.

From a feature price point of view, the three control levers on the CH are juvenile in design. Tiny. Not realistic. So you might want to budget additional funds for a more representative control pod. Think about whether or not that then fits you budget.  The Saitek also has a built in USB hub, and with a small power adapter it is a powered hub.  It works well if you take steps to overcome Windows 8/10 Advanced Power Management (times out and reduces power to the USB port if it does not sense activity over a period of time like when cruising on autopilot).

Just some considerations.....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

2 hours ago, Glynn said:

I have one of those also, needs a new spring on the aileron axis so not using it presently.

Home depot or Lowes are your friend. The sell an assortment of springs.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

5 hours ago, DJJose said:

I've been using this one since simming with FS9:

https://www.flightsim.com/vbfs/content.php?304-AETI-s-AFCS-II-Yoke

Where is it currently available?

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Just now, fppilot said:

Where is it currently available?

Maybe Ebay.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Just now, DJJose said:

Maybe Ebay.

Is it still in production?

Frank Patton
ASUS