Sign in to follow this  
Tony P

Confused !!!

Before someone says to go search for other threads,  I want to preface this question by saying I've read MANY already and still am super confused.  Like many others,  I own ORBX global and vector and also UTXv2.  I've read how there all compatible and can work together.

My question is pretty simple.  If I went with ONLY the black marble products,  why would I need to install ORBX or UTX ?  Exactly what would putting those products on give me to enhance the sim ?

Again,  I know this has been asked so please bare with me.

Thanks,

Tony

Black marble is night lighting. Orbx  vector also has night lighting but in my opinion BM is better.

Also worth noting I believe is the fact that BM doesn't work over photoreal scenery. However, Night Environment does, but that's down to it being a different, more localised, bit of programming (not a landclass) I think that's how it works.

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

the first difference is... we do night lighting system that is our main focus,
as such our system is far superior to any existing night lighting system today!
whether it is a Photoreal set which our Night Environment line cover regionally),
or native sim autogen based scenery which our Black Marble line covers world wide,
(Black Marble is a worldwide coverage in one single product, addon's simply add more data and detail not coverage scope!)

our design allows all our night products to seamlessly integrate with each other,
or any existing third party addon including UTX (all regions) or ORBX Vector and packs,
we simply deactivate their road management portion through their managers and use our manager instead,
the instruction for setting these up posted on our forums along with supporting patches,

beside the scope and magnitude of the data we bring in to sim platform natively!
our manager allows far more customization and adjustment that never existed before,
to learn more take some time to catch up on our project home page here
https://forums.chrisbelldesigns.com/topic/519-black-marble/

• Upvote 1