Sign in to follow this  
peterdrowan

Strange Behaviour of 737NGX in p3d ver 4

I have just moved over to P3D. finding it very good and have rebought 737NGX for P3d 4.0 where I had it before for  FSX

Very strange - consistently (well twice in a row!).   I have had strange errors on flying the tutorial flight.   As I ascend past 10000 feet I get alarms and A/C errors even though I have set the A/c heights correctly in the overhead panel- what I see in the overhead panel is when the error occures all dashes in the height control displays so I can't change them in any way - however it then goes away as an error - and all is fine (though still dashes but no more alarms).   Then just before the amsterdam coast as I start descent the plane goes heads up. alarms turn on but no obvious error reading anywhere - loses all speed  because of the stick up conformation and amost stalls (unless I apply throttle) - and of course autopilot turns off - so I take control and stick down and then it is fine and once near path I can reassign LNAV and VNAV and turn on autopilot though I end up too high for a proper descent path. I have no weather set.  I have never seen this happen with FSX but am new to P3D 4.  Any advice.

Peter Rowan

You may have set the pressurization cruise and landing altitudes but did you turn on the packs? Did you confirm cabin was holding pressure or delta-p?  Not sure what you are describing on descent, is heads up same as pitch up?

Don't be in a hurry, step through the Tutorial step by step.

Dan Downs KCRP

Heads up is pitch up  and the packs were turned on as that is the state in the default panel set.  As I said the A/C error fixed itself which is also very strange. All the things suggested in your responses would not fix themselves. I also have service based failures turned off.  I seem to have fixed the problem with ensuring I reload default panel set again before I fly.  Is that recommended.  I don't have PMDG 737 as my default scenario so I have to select it and it is set to load default panel state anyway and is a new install so I shouldn't really have to load default panel state again.

Peter Rowan