Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

4.1 release notes

I'll only install it as a requirement for another addon, like FSL possibly, when it comes out. Otherwise in no rush, as I can't find a single thing on that list that caused me any problems.

8 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Are you saying that photoscenery is blurry in P3D v4? Is that a universal problem for ALL users?

From my own experience and from multiple accounts here on AVSim, yes. It doesn't seem to ever get really sharp, just stays sort-of smudged and blurry. Some even say it's worse than in V3. Been through multiple V4 installs and result is always the same. Many of the mountainous payware airports including ortho / photoscenery are just a pitiful sight, even with the mountains being miles and off. There was a lot of talk about it being fixed for 4.1 but, who knows.

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I didn't see anything unless I missed it about the very slow building autogen loading and the well known memory management issue which over a long flight causes a CTD faulting as an ntdll.dll error, especially prevelant on long haul PMDG flights. What a shame...

• Upvote 4

Eric 

Hopefully, this means FSL 320 will soon follow...

Great changelog!

The important thing is, LM are continually improving/updating P3D. Keep that in perspective :)

1 minute ago, flightskyc said:

Hopefully, this means FSL 320 will soon follow...

Great changelog!

The important thing is, LM are continually improving/updating P3D. Keep that in perspective :)

FS Labs did say that they would release for P3Dv4 “before most people have the chance to get paid again” while they were at Cosford. That typically is every two weeks, so I’m guessing that means by the end of the month. 

Matt Bernard
20+ Years Commercial/GA A&P/PLST

8 minutes ago, B777ER said:

I didn't see anything unless I missed it about the very slow building autogen loading it the well known memory management issue which over a long flight causes a CTD faulting as an ntdll.dll error, especially prevelant on long haul PMDG flights. What a shame...

You beat me too it.

That's the only one of interest to me. I actually had that today over nova Scotia.  

Intersting they how now admitted there was a problem with it. I've been pulling my hair out for years with that and that ctd trying to work out what it was. Happens over nova Scotia Where's there's a ton of autogen trees. 

Is that one in the content installer???  or the sceney installer??  

14ppkc-6.png

What a disappointing update. VR? Seriously. They need to get their priorities in order.

• Upvote 8

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I am disapointed as well but you guys also have to remember the main user is the miltary and perhaps they wanted VR support.

Who really knows.

• Upvote 1

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

3 minutes ago, captain420 said:

What a disappointing update. VR? Seriously. They need to get their priorities in order.

I agree

14ppkc-6.png

3 minutes ago, akabam said:

I am disapointed as well but you guys also have to remember the main user is the miltary and perhaps they wanted VR support.

Who really knows.

Correct again 

14ppkc-6.png

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

LM's priorities may not be the same as ours, it's always been a risk with the P3D platform.  I assume the corporate customers are getting very invested in VR.

• Upvote 1

Ian R Tyldesley

13 minutes ago, Sethos1988 said:

From my own experience and from multiple accounts here on AVSim, yes. It doesn't seem to ever get really sharp, just stays sort-of smudged and blurry. Some even say it's worse than in V3. Been through multiple V4 installs and result is always the same. Many of the mountainous payware airports including ortho / photoscenery are just a pitiful sight, even with the mountains being miles and off. There was a lot of talk about it being fixed for 4.1 but, who knows.

Hey Sethos, 

I fly photoscenery probably 90% of the time, usually 25cm per pixel super-hires tiles. P3D v4 is just beautiful with photoscenery (particularly once you add some enviromental tweaks). I seem to remember my first impression was that v4 was sharper than V3, once my shader cache settled down on the second flight.

So it definitely should not be a blurry mess, it is just so much nicer than FSX.

If your experience is terrible, there must be a technical problem. I'd clear the shader cache, check the settings, make sure the scenery you're using is quality and I'm sure that there must be more things you can do. Again, I've got literally hundreds of hours of photoscenery time with this sim, and I love it.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

16 minutes ago, B777ER said:

memory management issue which over a long flight causes a CTD faulting as an ntdll.dll error, especially prevelant on long haul PMDG flights...

I fly an average of 2-3 10+ hour flights a week with the 777 & 747 and haven't had this issues. You should either do a reinstall or verify you have the most recent set of nVidia drivers. 

• Upvote 1

Keep the blue part on top...

Ryzen 7800x3D | ASUS Rog Strix B650E-F | MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X | 64GB DDR5 6000Mhz RAM | 2x Samsung 960 M.2 SSD | 2x Samsung 850 SSD | NZXT Kraken x72 Cooler | EVGA 1000 PSU

Why is there disappointment for fixing CTD issues, and bugs. Support for new features via SDK. Opens the door wider for 3PDs.  It's progress and refinement. 

What did you want to see? FPS improvement 600%? 

• Upvote 1

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

3 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

Hey Sethos, 

I fly photoscenery probably 90% of the time, usually 25cm per pixel super-hires tiles. P3D v4 is just beautiful with photoscenery (particularly once you add some enviromental tweaks). I seem to remember my first impression was that v4 was sharper than V3, once my shader cache settled down on the second flight.

So it definitely should not be a blurry mess, it is just so much nicer than FSX.

If your experience is terrible, there must be a technical problem. I'd clear the shader cache, check the settings, make sure the scenery you're using is quality and I'm sure that there must be more things you can do. Again, I've got literally hundreds of hours of photoscenery time with this sim, and I love it.

Biggest downside is the lack of autogen.

That sealed the deal for me.