Sign in to follow this  
vgbaron

4.1 release notes

Have these flights been made with or without KB4038788 which seems to be causing so much trouble for v3.4?

LM say MS is working on a fix for KB4038788/v 3.4 but it looks as if it won't be ready before the imminent Fall Creators Update is released.

As far as I know this KB never affected 4.0, so probably also isn´t an issue with 4.1.

----

Kenneth Verburg, Netherlands

4 hours ago, felan09 said:

Where can I find this option? I've looked in my Prepar3D.cfg but was not able finding this option..

Got an answer on the LM-Forum

This option can be added to the Prepar3D.cfg file under [MAIN]. HideMouseLookCrosshair=1 will hide the crosshair while in mouse look mode (space by default).

42 minutes ago, felan09 said:

Got an answer on the LM-Forum

Anyone using VOXATC should note that the default key stroke for P3d Mouse Look mode is <spacebar> which is the same as the default keystoke for the PTT switch in VOXATC. In P3d V4.0, Mouse Look could not be disabled except by deleting the key assignment in the P3d UI.

6 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Thanks for posting. Personally I thought the rain effects looked good.....i wonder if it's possible to add this to an existing aircraft via a config hack that does not involve changing the original aircraft model...

At 21 seconds into the video, I noticed raindrops at the top of the side window of the high winged Maul.  No big deal, but it does kind of defy the physics of the rainfall.  This is not meant as a complaint, just something funny I noticed.

Good catch. Hmm, high wing aircraft are going to be a small problem.:biggrin:

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

As in good performance in non stereo VR mode right, because Stereo mode still runs like word not allowed for me

I did a fresh install and it runs great on Stereo for me! Perhaps your system is a bit too slow for VR? I think at least a better GPU would be needed for a good experience!

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

On 10/10/2017 at 10:47 PM, JustanotherPilot said:

I've been flying around in full screen mode since v4 release(and every version Prepar3D)...am I doing something wrong or have I misunderstood what full screen mode is. By me it's no menu bar at the top(removed by hitting alt + enter together)

It isn't a true full screen mode, yes it fills the screen, but i'm not sure what the actual term for it is but it isn't a proper full screen mode like what we had in FSX. This can be proved by recording with Nvidia geforce recording, you have to have capture desktop acctivated or else it doesn't record anything. This suedo full screen mode also limts the way vsync works for half refresh rate. I had a really smooth sim with FSX, with P3D even with all its updates is still not smooth on my PC, especially when looking to the sides in full cockpit mode.

<p>vrs_supporter.png

Paul Sleight

I think you officially call it a borderless windowed mode. I myself love it because you can easily go to another program (by using alt-tab or the Windows key) while the sim keeps on running: it's as if you are using pop up screens in the sim itself. 

1 hour ago, J van E said:

I think you officially call it a borderless windowed mode. I myself love it because you can easily go to another program (by using alt-tab or the Windows key) while the sim keeps on running: it's as if you are using pop up screens in the sim itself. 

big +1 on this

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

On 11/10/2017 at 4:28 PM, sanh said:

Thanks for posting. Personally I thought the rain effects looked good.....i wonder if it's possible to add this to an existing aircraft via a config hack that does not involve changing the original aircraft model...

No you can't, the new VC rain effects requires to be attached to the original model 3DS design, implement lua scripts and recompile with the SDK V4.1 to a new .mdl

Only the original developer of each plane can do this.

Regards 

Simbol 

• Upvote 1

Running really fast on my same ( old ) rig...

Tested last night, good frames everywhere. Didn't yet install AS and have to check if ORBX FTX Global is compatible with P3Dv4.1 ( ? ) because I own the version for FSX and P3D up to v3.

Really enjoy the F-16 :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...