Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Low

TFDi Design 717

I do not know if this issue only affects the P3D version, but I have noticed that AutoRudder is disabled every time that I run the simulator subsequent to a session with the aircraft. I have enabled AutoRudder in the 717 options utility, but this does not seem to make a difference. This is in P3D v3.3.5. Has anyone else noticed this, or do the rest of you use rudder pedals?

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Another question......when I set the aircraft "Ready to Fly", it seems to have some kind of autothrottle system active if my thrust settings are deemed to be too low. How do I deactivate this? I want full manual control of the aircraft.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Isn't stuff like this in the documentation?

I don't mean to be obtuse Christopher. I'm also currently looking at getting the 717 so I'm weighing up various reviews and youtube videos before I make the choice. Any general thoughts on the 717 in its current state? I realise it was pretty poor on release but I believe there have been many big updates since then.

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

It may well be in the documentation, but sometimes it is quicker to get a response from an existing user on AVSIM!

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

On 10-10-2017 at 6:35 PM, Christopher Low said:

I do not know if this issue only affects the P3D version, but I have noticed that AutoRudder is disabled every time that I run the simulator subsequent to a session with the aircraft. I have enabled AutoRudder in the 717 options utility, but this does not seem to make a difference. This is in P3D v3.3.5. Has anyone else noticed this, or do the rest of you use rudder pedals?

Well I don't fly without rudder pedals ;-)

André

Hi Christopher,

I've used the CH Products Pro Throttle for decades (third unit) - has a full micro joystick under the thumb - works very well as a rudder - as I could never get comfortable at my desk when using full blown rudder pedals (which I have currently gathering dust)... Best of both worlds in my opinion and completely second nature now...

92f4fb88-925e-427e-b70d-1a6aef423910._V3

Regards,

Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I do not understand the flight characteristics of this aircraft. When I make a turn at low speed, the nose starts to drop. So far, so good. However, the speed increases, and the nose never rises. It just keeps on pointing down. The PMDG 737NGX and 747-400 hand fly superbly at low speed with gear and flaps down, and the nose starts to rise as air speed increases during a turn. They are both very stable, and behave exactly as I would expect. However, the 717 is currently a complete mystery to me.

I really wish that I could learn to save my money, and concentrate on the aircraft that I already have :sad:

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

It was btw this and the FSL A320. Going to get the A320 when released.

Eric 

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Another question......when I set the aircraft "Ready to Fly", it seems to have some kind of autothrottle system active if my thrust settings are deemed to be too low. How do I deactivate this? I want full manual control of the aircraft.

I believe you want the AFS Override switches pulled down to avoid the "interference" with full manual control.  These are on the MCP below the AutoFlight button.  

The aircraft flies beautifully and is a nice change of scenery from the typical Airbus/Boeing environment.  Just spend a bit of time familiarizing with this bird and you'll be rewarded.

• Upvote 1

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Activating the AFS Override switches has solved the autothrottle problem, but I am still baffled by some aspects of the flight model.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

2 hours ago, Ebs said:

Isn't stuff like this in the documentation?

I don't mean to be obtuse Christopher. I'm also currently looking at getting the 717 so I'm weighing up various reviews and youtube videos before I make the choice. Any general thoughts on the 717 in its current state? I realise it was pretty poor on release but I believe there have been many big updates since then.

I will just get to the point mate.

Buy it

Chris the amount of flight simming you do, get some rudders mate, even if there of eBay second hand

• Upvote 2

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Chris, you probably need to hop over to the TFDi 717 forum.  They're very helpful over there.  To get there, open up the TFDi Addon Manager.  The link is along the bottom.

Bruce R

Bruce Ross

31 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

I will just get to the point mate.

Buy it

Haha! I know you're a fan Dave. I wasn't actually considering it until I saw a recent post of yours talking about it. It's in BETA for 4.x right?

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

47 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

Activating the AFS Override switches has solved the autothrottle problem, but I am still baffled by some aspects of the flight model.

Why would you assume that a t-tail/rear-engine aircraft would have the same flight model as low elev/wing-engine aircraft?  Different is not always bad.

:cool:

Ilya Eydis, PPL, ASEL

Don’t think so, it shows me it’s ready to install, just doing NG, but will install it tomorrow.

Its very nice. Up there with PMDG.

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip