Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

V4.1 is out

3 minutes ago, Alexander Dementyev said:

Hey guys, are you waiting for VC rain effect? There is NO changes! Try with default and with Envtex, but... Sad.

FYI4JW0.jpg

Envtex rain and snow ON

GohhHp8.jpg

Envtex rain and snow OFF

Where is my drops on glass?)))

But now i update AS+ASCA and check what about perfomance.

You'll need to update the content for VC rain to work ( install_content + cont1.cab and cont2.cab) not just install the client

• Upvote 2

It doesnt work with Active Sky only default weather

Mark Roberts 

I9 13900k @ 5.7GHZ | 64GB DDR5 5600 Ram | ASUS Strix 4090 @ 3.0GHZ | ROG ASUS Hero Z790 | 2x 2TB M.2  | Lian LI Dynamic XL ROG Case | Hotas Warthog Joystick and Throttle, Crosswind Rudder Pedals | Corsair Nightblade | K95 RGB|  | LG 28" 4k, Dell 34" AW3420DW Ultrawide| Windows 10 Pro | MSFS2020 | Custom Water Loop |

7 minutes ago, chris512 said:

Rain Effects work for me in the Beach Baron...

Hello

For Prepar3D v4 (4.1.7.22841)  The rain effects in the cockpit glass have been added to the following aircraft

The Content Installer is required for this rain effect 

1)  Beech Baron 58

2)  Beech King Air 350

3)  Maule M7 260c 

4)  Mooney Bravo 

5)  Piper cub

6)  Robinson R22 

7)  Sikorsky MH

8)  Sikorsky S 

9)  Sikorsky UH 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello

For Prepar3D v4 (4.1.7.22841)  The rain effects have been added to the following aircraft

The Content Installer is required for rain effects 

Beech Baron 58

Beech King Air 350

Maule M7 260c 

Mooney Bravo 

Piper cub

Robinson R22 

Sikorsky MH

Sikorsky S 

Sikorsky UH 

You update scenery content too? Or Client and Content only?

Hello

Yes the Scenery component has also been updated 

Prepar3D Scenery

Fixes and Improvements

• Fixed missing textures in St. Louis Adams Mark
  • Removed invisible objects that could cause vehicle to crash at KBWI

clean install with AS and ASCA => CTD terrain.dll at KSFO (Flightbeam)... well frsutrating

46 minutes ago, Branimir said:

My first P3D V4.1 flight live stream:

It is working perfectly with 30-50 FPS and I saw some performance improvements with dynamic lightning, I had horrible sutters in V4.

Strange that you see improvement with dynamic lightning when LM made no mention of it in the change log. Could also be a setting due to the fact you just installed 4.1 which defaults your settings.  Just saying no other DL reports on improvements yet with 4.1. 

Dan

i9-13900K / Asus Maximus Hero Z790 / RTX 4090 FE / G.Skill Trident Z5 RGB 32 GB DDR5-6400 CL32 / Artic Liquid Freezer II 360 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 1TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 980 PRO SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / Samsung 970 EVO Plus SSD 2TB PCIe NVMe M.2 / EVGA 1000W G3, 80+ Gold / Phanteks Eclipse P600S ATX Mid Tower / Arctic P14 PWM Case Fans / LG C2 42 Inch Class 4K OLED TV/Monitor / Windows 11 Pro

11 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello

Prepar3D Scenery

Fixes and Improvements

Thank you Poppet...question, is it content or scenery that require orbx global texture reinstall?

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

9 minutes ago, Poppet said:

Hello

Prepar3D Scenery

Fixes and Improvements

OK. As i understand i just need to remove "old clients" and install new ones, no reason for start Setup_Prepar3D.exe? And i need to dowload full installer, because *.cab files requred. Or best way is full uninstall 4.0 and clean install 4.1?

Soooo many guinea pigs!   lol.  Find those bugs before i update!    just kidding.  Good work all!  

• Upvote 1

Jason Weaver - WestWind Airlines; FlyUK Airlines; VirtualUnited.org

5.jpg

Banner_MJC12.png

11 minutes ago, onurair said:

clean install with AS and ASCA => CTD terrain.dll at KSFO (Flightbeam)... well frsutrating

By any chance was KSFO a saved flight from the previous version?

4 minutes ago, JeffB said:

Thank you Poppet...question, is it content or scenery that require orbx global texture reinstall?

Hello

Yes updating the Scenery component will require you to reinstall Orbx Global Base 

10 minutes ago, Alexander Dementyev said:

OK. As i understand i just need to remove "old clients" and install new ones, no reason for start Setup_Prepar3D.exe? And i need to dowload full installer, because *.cab files requred. Or best way is full uninstall 4.0 and clean install 4.1?

Yes just Uninstall the current Client and then Install the new Client.  The client is a small standalone Installer, You only need this to update the Client  (Just 1 file) 

Updating the Content will require you to download the following 3 files,   Cont1.cab, Cont2.cab, and Install_Content.msi   

Please see the Topic below for a step by step guide with Images to update Prepar3D using these update components 

So for those of us with ORBX FTX Global, openLC, Vector, etc.... will we need to install the P3D 4.1 content and scenery as well? I think if we use those default planes for the new VC rain effects then we will want to install content. But I'm afraid that will overwrite some files and I will have to reinstall my 3rd party stuff all over again.

I have a lot of add-ons, so can I simply get by with only updating the client only? What benefits will I see other than the VC rain effects in those default planes listed?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU