Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

V4.1 is out

15 minutes ago, Wise87 said:

Strange that you see improvement with dynamic lightning when LM made no mention of it in the change log. Could also be a setting due to the fact you just installed 4.1 which defaults your settings.  Just saying no other DL reports on improvements yet with 4.1. 

It might be because I upgraded my PSU from 350W to 750W.

I just completed 2h flight with B737-800 LJLJ-LATI it is working very smooth but it still needs some optimisation because there are still some stutters with dynamic lightning.

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

So for those of us with ORBX FTX Global, openLC, Vector, etc.... will we need to install the P3D 4.1 content and scenery as well?

Try moving your ORBX folder out of your P3D folder. Install the P3D v4.1 Scenery, then move your ORBX folder back to the P3D folder and run FTX Central and apply something.

That's what I'll be trying at least (I'm waiting until FSLabs or PMDG force me to upgrade ;))

• Upvote 1

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

7 minutes ago, Ebs said:

Try moving your ORBX folder out of your P3D folder. Install the P3D v4.1 Scenery, then move your ORBX folder back to the P3D folder and run FTX Central and apply something.

That's what I'll be trying at least (I'm waiting until FSLabs or PMDG force me to upgrade ;))

That's what I did. It works perfectly. Just copy paste your ORBX folder and let FTX Central install the library update. No need to download and install all your ORBX stuff.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, MartinRex007 said:

By any chance was KSFO a saved flight from the previous version?

Nope. I have deleted everything P3D V4.0 related and did a clean install. 
I'm up in the air now seems to be ok... funny without PTA everything looks like FS2000 :D

• Upvote 1

Just a note for FTX Orbx users 

Orbx Scenery can survive both processes comfortably,  Either updating Prepar3D using the component Installers Or completing a full reinstall of Prepar3D 

Note: You need to keep the same folder for Prepar3D that Orbx is in now 

Client:  Updating the Client will require no further action really,  Just launch the FTX Control Panel, this action will check and verify the files 

-----------

Content:  Updating the Content component will require you to take 2 precautionary steps 

1) Force an update of the "Orbxlibs" by Deleting the version text file located below, it will look like this  FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT  

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Launch the FTX Central control panel, this action will prompt you to reinstall\update Orbxlibs,  Click the blue box  (Bottom left corner)  

By launching the FTX Control Panel this action alone will reconfigure your Auotgen files back to Orbx use again 

2)  Run the Migration Troubleshooter to Insure the Integrity of the Orbx Files, at the location below

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► Troubleshooter ► Migration Troubleshooter.exe

-----------

Scenery: Updating the Scenery component will require you to Reinstall Orbx Global Base. To reinstall Global Base Delete the version text file located below,  it will look like this  FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK.TXT

Launch the FTX Central control panel, navigate to Global Base and click Install 

FTX trees does also overwrite default files but the FTX control Panel should verify these when launched.  As FTX trees is only a small download (35MB) there is no harm to run the download again anyway,  Same process as above Delete the version text file located below,  Launch the FTX Central control panel, navigate to FTX Trees and click Install 

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_TREES_HD.TXT

Also  Carry out step 1 and 2 from the above,  Force an Orbx libraries update and run the Migration Troubleshooter.exe

You can find the updated Object Flow Module and at the link below.  You will need to sign in to view this post 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/143063-p3d-41-is-out-do-we-need-updates/

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, onurair said:

Nope. I have deleted everything P3D V4.0 related and did a clean install. 
I'm up in the air now seems to be ok... funny without PTA everything looks like FS2000 :D

lol it can't be like fs2000! lol lol

2 hours ago, Poppet said:

Just a note for FTX Orbx users 

Orbx Scenery can survive both processes comfortably,  Either updating Prepar3D using the component Installers Or completing a full reinstall of Prepar3D 

Note: You need to keep the same folder for Prepar3D that Orbx is in now 

Client:  Updating the Client will require no further action really,  Just launch the FTX Control Panel, this action will check and verify the files 

-----------

Content:  Updating the Content component will require you to take 2 precautionary steps 

1) Force an update of the "Orbxlibs" by Deleting the version text file located below, it will look like this  FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT  

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Launch the FTX Central control panel, this action will prompt you to reinstall\update Orbxlibs,  Click the blue box  (Bottom left corner)  

By launching the FTX Control this action alone will reconfigure your Auotgen files back to Orbx use again 

2)  Run the Migration Troubleshooter to Insure the Integrity of the Orbx Files, at the location below

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► Troubleshooter ► Migration Troubleshooter.exe

-----------

Scenery: Updating the Scenery component will require you to Reinstall Orbx Global Base. To reinstall Global Base Delete the version text file located below,  it will look like this  FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK.txt

Launch the FTX Central control panel, navaigate to Global Base and click Install 

FTX trees does also overwrite default files but the FTX control Panel should verify these when launched.  As FTX trees is only a small download there is no harm to run the download again anyway

Also, Carry out step 1 and 2 from the above,  Force an Orbx libraries update and run the Migration Troubleshooter.exe

You can find the updated Object Flow Module at the link below.  You will need to sign in to view this post 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/143063-p3d-41-is-out-do-we-need-updates/

Poppet,

Any chance to put this note into your FAQ?

• Upvote 1

Surprised, can'you wait a moment...?

Not a question of dead or life...indeed

i get rain drops on windscreen and the old fashion rain together- is this suppose to be like this?

Has anyone noticed increased performance?  I updated the client and content and seem to be getting very good performance on my last flight.  There were some stutters to start but not nearly as bad as the flight went on (I'm guessing due to the shaders rebuilding).  On landing at FSDT JFK I was getting FPS in the 30s when it was in the 20s prior with the same settings.  I was able to have 4x SSAA selected as well which I normally can't at larger airports.  Weather was good so that was probably part of it as well.  Maybe this is all placebo but so far I'm pretty happy with 4.1

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

A huge disappointment. I expected that we would get a real rain, a mathematical and physical model of precipitation, but got a mediocre texture. All hopes that the rain will be a challenge for the flights are washed away ... I want to believe that this is only the first step and further third-party developers (I believe in TFDi) will make the precipitation exactly what they should be. By the way, rain effect is here, but not effect for snow. 

49 minutes ago, sfgiants13 said:

Has anyone noticed increased performance?  I updated the client and content and seem to be getting very good performance on my last flight.  There were some stutters to start but not nearly as bad as the flight went on (I'm guessing due to the shaders rebuilding).  On landing at FSDT JFK I was getting FPS in the 30s when it was in the 20s prior with the same settings.  I was able to have 4x SSAA selected as well which I normally can't at larger airports.  Weather was good so that was probably part of it as well.  Maybe this is all placebo but so far I'm pretty happy with 4.1

You're already install Active Sky, ASCA and etc?)))