Sign in to follow this  
Nyxx

V4.1 is out

6 minutes ago, Alexander Dementyev said:

You're already install Active Sky, ASCA and etc?)))

Everything that requires updating is updated. That includes AS, ORBX, and FSUIPC.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

After doing a bit more flying around it looks like slow loading textures are still a thing.  Everytime I look away from the airport for a while in the air it's black textures until they reload.

5800x3d Asus 4090 ROG Strix OC 2TB SSD 32GB Ram

Just did my first flight in 4.1.  Nice update.  VR is smoother on my system.  The + pointer for the mouse cursor in VR has been changed to a dot and this time there is no double image of it.  The dot also brightens when you are on the click spot.  Very easy to use.  Overall, very happy with the update.

Danny

Danny

Some great updates for VR. For example, you can easily move in and out of VR via the top menu. Now the camera can go anywhere. Great thing here is that I can kidnap the body of my avatar and now do a VR walkaround before flight. Doing this around PMDG's 747 is awesome. All the dimensions are real. Superb implementation. Set a camera in the terminal and want to scope it out? Go ahead. I'm still not going to use it for flying. But sitting in the cockpit of 747 at the terminal - there's nothing like it except the real thing.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I am rather new to P3D (only had it for about 4 weeks now) so I did a full uninstall and a new reinstall of the 4.1 version. Do I have to do this every time P3D comes out with a update? I did it this way now because I only have 4 sceneries installed and not that much AI yet. What happens when I have tons more scenery installed (AI is easy to reinstall)?

Is the missing/delayed loading of autogen on destination arrival fixed or is it a system specific problem? Any having the issue in v4.0 completed a flight in v4.1 yet?

5 hours ago, Joseph29 said:

I am rather new to P3D (only had it for about 4 weeks now) so I did a full uninstall and a new reinstall of the 4.1 version. Do I have to do this every time P3D comes out with a update? I did it this way now because I only have 4 sceneries installed and not that much AI yet. What happens when I have tons more scenery installed (AI is easy to reinstall)?

You just uninstall/install the content package (or the other packages which were updated). No need for a full reinstall.

On 10/10/2017 at 11:05 PM, swiesma said:

You just uninstall/install the content package (or the other packages which were updated). No need for a full reinstall.

But don't forget the reinstall of Orbx Global, backup the scenery.cfg before doing anything, reinstall of HD trees, and the migration checks....its not that simple.

Oh and get the new objecflow from Orbx and try to figure out where it goes.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I have no rain effect in Bonanza A36? Is this normal?

My rain effect test with Maule:

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

53 minutes ago, Branimir said:

I have no rain effect in Bonanza A36? Is this normal?

Hello

Yes that is correct,  Currently below is the Prepar3D v4 default planes that have the Virtual Cockpit rain effects 

Beech Baron 58,  Beech King Air 350,   Maule M7 260c,  Mooney Bravo,  Piper cub,  Robinson R22,  Sikorsky MH,  Sikorsky S,  Sikorsky UH 

Ok, thank you!

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

On 10/10/2017 at 6:03 PM, Joseph29 said:

The most important one is the Client.msi - that's the core sim. The Content and Scenery are *usually* optional in point releases ( 4.0, 4.1, 4.2 etc). In a major release (5.0) - it's a complete uninstall reinstall for best performance.

If done properly and depending on which scenery you have, very little scenery has to be completely reinstalled even when updating the scenery module.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Are the rain effects supposed to be an improvement over what we've had in the past, or what? I'm confused. They look dated by about 10 years.

22 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Are the rain effects supposed to be an improvement over what we've had in the past, or what? I'm confused. They look dated by about 10 years.

haha same question here

also, when we speak about rain effect, do we speak about rain on the winshield or in the air ?

3 hours ago, christian83 said:

haha same question here

also, when we speak about rain effect, do we speak about rain on the winshield or in the air ?

I’d just ignore the new rain effects just for now. What LM have done in V4.1 is make it possible for developers to come up with their own rain effects on 3rd party aircraft.

This is the beginning of great rain effects and I’m sure we’ll see mods made to all our favourite 3rd party Aircraft over time.

IM

• Upvote 1