Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Prepar3D v4.1 add-on compatibility

11 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

On this one, it is recommended to do a full install but at the very least both Client & Content.

Vic

that needs to be a sticky. I remember when the last patch that came out at the start of the summer there was topic after topic of unpc saveyt guys having issues, i remember that poor 83 year old that was being run ragged.

that needs to be stickied definitely to help people

14ppkc-6.png

I don't understand all this.. You guys did a full re-install or what? All my sceneries are still there and working fine as well as all of my aircraft.

What am I not getting?

3 minutes ago, CptVince said:

I don't understand all this.. You guys did a full re-install or what? All my sceneries are still there and working fine as well as all of my aircraft.

What am I not getting?

I just did client and and content..

ps.. Love your videos Vince, we often put them on our big TV screens in our OPS room if its quiet.  you get quite an audience some nights !!

14ppkc-6.png

10 minutes ago, CptVince said:

What am I not getting?

Like you all I did was install the latest from my Account and everything was as was except for ASN.

I just installed the content update and I continue to receive CTD if I choose any Plane different from my current default flight:#Faulting application name:

Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1770, time stamp: 0x59bf2b6f
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006eabe
Faulting process ID: 0x1a94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d342144528541c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: 13af5d1b-cd78-41ce-9231-9df3693a781c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

It doesn't matter what plane, even the default planes.

If we reinstall content does that mean we have to re-install all of our addons too??

• Upvote 1

I did have CTD when loading my A2A planes or PMDG ones. Then updated to content and now I can load them. BUT from the initial menu. If I load them once the sim has started in the upper menu, then P3D hangs and I have to quit it.

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

I will need to do a full reinstall. I'm going to wait until all my addons are updated.

I tried to take the shortcut that ORBX recommends to save time, but it did not work. Loading times were way off, ezdok was out of wack, and my default airport had texture bleed.

Thankfully I have a full image.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Does anyone know if we should expect a formal statement-update from PMDG or A2A or we can go on and install them? ;/

Simulators: Prepar3D v5 Academic | X-Plane 1111.50+ | DCS  World  Open Beta MSFS 2020 Premium Deluxe | 
PC Hardware: Dell U3417W Intel i9 10900K | msi RTX 2080 Ti  Gaming X Trio msi MPG Z490 Gaming Edge Wifi | G.Skill 32GB 3600Mhz CL16 | Samsung 970 EVO Plus+860 EVO+850 EVO x 1TB, Western Digital Black Caviar Black x 6 TB Corsair RM1000i Corsair H115i Platinum Fractal Design Define S2 Gunmetal |
Flight Controls: Fulcrum One Yoke Virpil VPC WarBRD Base Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM Grip, Thrustmaster Warthog+F/A-18C Grip Thrustmaster TPR Rudder Pedals | Virtual Fly TQ6+Throttle Quadrant | Sismo B737 Max Gear Lever | TrackIR 5Monsterteck Desk Mounts |
My fleet catalog: Link                                                                                                                                                       

33 minutes ago, simbol said:

I just installed the content update and I continue to receive CTD if I choose any Plane different from my current default flight:#Faulting application name:

Prepar3D.exe, version: 4.1.7.22841, time stamp: 0x59d67e95
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.14393.1770, time stamp: 0x59bf2b6f
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000006eabe
Faulting process ID: 0x1a94
Faulting application start time: 0x01d342144528541c
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Prepar3D.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report ID: 13af5d1b-cd78-41ce-9231-9df3693a781c
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

It doesn't matter what plane, even the default planes.

Update,

Anyone having this problem deleting the file Prepar3D.cfg under c:\users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4 solves the problem.

Best Regards,

Simbol

33 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

If we reinstall content does that mean we have to re-install all of our addons too??

i didnt have too, youll need to update activesky, cloud art and fsuipc.

its quite an easy update.  But somepeople might have issues

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, vgbaron said:

On this one, it is recommended to do a full install but at the very least both Client & Content.

Vic

I get very confused sometimes.  On the site it says just Client is needed:

"The Client installer is required for Prepar3D v4.1, however the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional. You must first have Prepar3D v4 installed to utilize the Client only installer. To install the Prepar3D v4.1 Client, you must first uninstall the Prepar3D v4.0 Client via Programs and Features in Windows Control Panel. The Prepar3D v4.1 Client update will require you to reactivate your product, however if you have an internet connection it will be automatic."

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I think I'm going to hold off until the dust settles on all this haha.

• Upvote 1

Nick Austin

CXA102-1.jpg

Make sure for just the update to put the files cont1."cab,cont2.cab,and Install_Content.msi "in the same folder.. then download the "Install_Content.msi" I hope, i helped you...