Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Prepar3D v4.1 add-on compatibility

10 hours ago, vgbaron said:

On this one, it is recommended to do a full install but at the very least both Client & Content.

Vic

Well updated client and content and all working fine :-)

André

1 minute ago, awf said:

Well updated client and content and all working fine :-)

Do you see any visual or subjective improvements as to v4.0? For example, DL, performance, texture loading, AA?

I have not yet updated to 4.1

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

1 minute ago, Cargostorm said:

Do you see any visual or subjective improvements as to v4.0? For example, DL, performance, texture loading, AA?

Well I did a clean install of 4.1 and honestly I can't see any difference compared to 4.0 
When looking back to the airport after take off everything is black and textures loading slowly. I still have autogen popping. 
However I am not sure about dynamic lighting. When I ticked DL in 4.0 I had immediatly a decrease in fps to araund 10. With 4.1 I have stable fps until I switch on the taxy and landing lights (PMDG).
Maybe it will behave the sam way like it did in 4.0 when PTA is installed with shader and lighting tweaks.

So no benefit at all on my side until FLS releases the 320. But happy for the VR guys they seem to have good imrpovements in performance.  

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, simbol said:

Sorry I posted some bugs somewhere else I thought I did it on on this topic, let me put it here too:

Bugs I have found so far:

1) If I save a scenario with the PMDG 737NGX loaded and save it as default Prepard3D will crash on load every single time, the only solution after is to remove the default situation from prepard3d.cfg so the sim load on the default LM sceneario.

2) There is a problem with the Carenado planes Hawker 850XP & Phenom 300, if I select these plane and load the sim all works fine, but if I try to change the plane I will experience a CTD.

3)  Again if I use the Carenado planes mentioned above and attempt to exit the simulator, the sim will CTD.

UPDATE

Just Confirmed that 3&4 is related to Flight1 GTN 750. I will report this tomorrow to F1.

Best Regards,
Simbol

Nr 1 I remember seeing already back in P3Dv3 and might have been there before that as well so an old issue in my book.

6 hours ago, Ident said:

Just to put this out there, Windows Update KB4041676 which was released today (and after v4.1 was) gave me the same CTD issues the last one did. I hid that update and am back in business. Something to consider if one finds they are having an issue of the sim CTD when it has loaded to close to 100% or trying to start a flight with an addon etc.

Did you already upgrade to 4.1? Because I'm still on version 4 and I just confirmed KB4041676 has been installed and I have no CTD issues loading a flight.

So maybe it's a P3Dv4.1 issue or maybe something specific to your setup.

5 minutes ago, westman said:

Remote CDU , all modules work

What remote CDU would that be, the one from Virtual Avionics (VAInterface)?

Richard Åsberg

Thanks!

Maybe I'll check it out since there's been issues with VAInterface. Not sure if they are still there in 4.1.

Richard Åsberg

6 hours ago, J van E said:

And if you are indeed talking about ASP4, did you actually install a hotfix numbered 100117 or the new 100917? Just making sure we are talking about the same things here. :happy:

100917 for ASP4 was installed.

spacer.png

32 minutes ago, Cargostorm said:

At this point  same or even better performance as with v4.0 (some small issues with chaseplane and EZDOK, which both needs and update)...

Still testing though but first experience similar to V4.0... (ASP4 build 100917 and ASCA / ORBX stuff + new dll / FSUIPC 5.121b) Add-on scenery and aircraft looks ok from first look...

Have to test GSX and Pro-ATC_X

André

Anyone knows about EnvTex ?

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

22 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Anyone knows about EnvTex ?

I just changed the path since I have a clean install and applied the textures. It seems to be fine according to the sun and the flare.
However I'm not 100% sure since without PTA everything looks so different :)

I can't get the GTN update tool to update. Reason seems to be that the tool is still version 1.0 and it only shows Prepar3D up to version 3. I reinstalled the complete 2.03 package but the update tool is still the same. Any ideas?

Flight 1 just answered my ticket. They say that there is no update for 4.1 yet if the updater doesn't offer one. Wondering now what update others managed to get?

Edited by hjsmuc
Flight 1 response

Hans