Sign in to follow this  
ComSimPilot

Prepar3D v4.1 add-on compatibility

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Anyone knows about EnvTex ?

Worked fine for me, I just reapplied my settings.  My path was the same so no need to change anything there on my end. 

REX 4 TD also works by re-applying your settings/theme.

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

5 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

Worked fine for me, I just reapplied my settings.  My path was the same so no need to change anything there on my end. 

REX 4 TD also works by re-applying your settings/theme.

Works fine here to but that was to be expected since I chose to do an upgrade of the client and the content pack rather than a full install. Meaning I didn't even have to run ENVTEX or reinstall anything since everything is still there.

Starting up the GUI works fine too and it still reports my active simulator as P3Dv4 so maybe they just check whether you have P3Dv2, 3 or 4 rather than the exact same version. I guess that would be OK in 99% of the cases for an application that will mainly replace textures.

Speaking about ENVTEX Maxime over at TOGA mentioned only a couple of days ago or so that they are working on a new version and the way I understood it it wasn't that far off but they wanted to wait for 4.1.

So...now that it has been released maybe we'll get a new version quite soon if we're in luck and they don't run into any issues. Maxime was very clear on the fact they would not give any ETA since he learned from the past things might turn up ruining such dates making people disappointed.

Thought I should mention this here too so I don't get the blame for making people go crazy if we don't get a new ENVTEX within the next couple of days/weeks :laugh:

Richard Åsberg

6 hours ago, onurair said:

However I am not sure about dynamic lighting. When I ticked DL in 4.0 I had immediatly a decrease in fps to araund 10. With 4.1 I have stable fps until I switch on the taxy and landing lights (PMDG).
Maybe it will behave the sam way like it did in 4.0 when PTA is installed with shader and lighting tweaks.

I guess we're many that were hoping for an improvement when it comes to the FPS footprint having DL enabled but just like you I've now tried it out first thing after upgrading to 4.1 and it's just as bad as before...switching the external lights on in the NGX drops my FPS by approx 10-15 FPS.

In all honestly this upgrade that caused so much fuss and speculation after all turned out to be a rather lame one as far as I can tell from the comments and reports so far plus my own quick testing.

Maybe if we're lucky and as I read someone else saying there's lots of new stuff "under the hood" and in the SDK that we normal users don't see but will benefit from when the developers start making use of what's new.

Richard Åsberg

For those of you waiting for PTA for 4.1 I can confirm URP is already working just fine as far as I can tell.

Might be an option and certainly better than vanilla P3D. Personally I actually prefer URP over the presets I've found so far for PTA.

Richard Åsberg

37 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

I guess we're many that were hoping for an improvement when it comes to the FPS footprint having DL enabled but just like you I've now tried it out first thing after upgrading to 4.1 and it's just as bad as before...switching the external lights on in the NGX drops my FPS by approx 10-15 FPS.

In all honestly this upgrade that caused so much fuss and speculation after all turned out to be a rather lame one as far as I can tell from the comments and reports so far plus my own quick testing.

Maybe if we're lucky and as I read someone else saying there's lots of new stuff "under the hood" and in the SDK that we normal users don't see but will benefit from when the developers start making use of what's new.

Thanks for the info :gaul: I was using the time yesterday to make a systemimage within W10 including my P3Dv4 harddrive.

Guess i will try it out (Client and Content) and hopefully this should be enough to get the mighty FSL A320X in the air.

I am not changing any Aerosoft or Flytampa installation methods and cross fingers (along with VA interface, etc)

And to Matt Davies:

I saw your video Matt and i dont know how many add-ons you have but to claim that you simply dont understand why people is whining about this update is a little to ...  small sighted. 

Most Aerosoft and newer companys still installs in the old fashion way. You cant really say that the customers is only the bad guys here. 

You represent the pro´s developers and we demand that you take it seriously . On the other hand we might just buy your products :gaul:

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Anyone else having trouble simconnect errors with the new version of ASP4?

spacer.png

Speaking of VAInterface I have major issues with that one for the NGX where the display of the FMC doesn't update on my tab although it's connected.

This is nothing new after 4.1 was released though. I had the same issue in 4.0

Richard Åsberg

4 minutes ago, WebMaximus said:

Speaking of VAInterface I have major issues with that one for the NGX where the display of the FMC doesn't update on my tab although it's connected.

This is nothing new after 4.1 was released though. I had the same issue in 4.0

Ditto here ,

Funny the PMDG 747 and 777 worked

Thanks

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 minute ago, Michael Moe said:

Ditto here ,

Funny the PMDG 747 and 777 worked

Thanks

Michael Moe

OK, that's interesting. I only fly the NGX.

Let's keep our fingers crossed the devs will be able to sort this issue soon. Since it's working fine with the 747 and 777 it shouldn't be that hard to make it work also with the NGX one could think.

Richard Åsberg

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

I can't get the GTN update tool to update. Reason seems to be that the tool is still version 1.0 and it only shows Prepar3D up to version 3. I reinstalled the complete 2.03 package but the update tool is still the same. Any ideas?

Flight 1 just answered my ticket. They say that there is no update for 4.1 yet if the updater doesn't offer one. Wondering now what update others managed to get?

Flight one forums still advocate ignoring the GTN update tool.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

6 minutes ago, jimcarrel said:

Flight one forums still advocate ignoring the GTN update tool.

I posted my question over there as well, just wondering why some users see the update and others don't. 

Hans

It's normal, is it not? I didn't see it until late yesterday. It's also a common occurrence that people tend to congregate in one place instead of going to the publishers forum or website and getting info first hand. Instead most go by second hand knowledge.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Question about updating Content. I uninstalled the 4.0 Content.msi, downloaded the 4.1 Install_Content.msi and the two .cab files (cont1.cab and cont2.cab). I placed these three files in a separate folder and then ran the Install_Content.msi. 

The question I have is do I need to do anything with the .cab files like extract them?

Thanks.

spacer.png

REX AccuSeason Developer

REX Simulations

Hello Mike

No,  Just download the 3 files and run the Install_Content.msi Installer,  If there is an Issue the Installer will tell you