Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Will upgrading from P3D 4.0 > 4.1 overwrite the following files?

I have AI package, and costum, sun, moon, and sky/star.dat file... will upgrading to P3D 4.1 overwrite any of these files? I'm nervous because I'm not sure what files it will overwrite. Because I have a fair amount of customized files and I can't remember what they all are.

Also concerned with it overwriting my keybinds, p3d.cfg file, etc.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

It won't overwrite your config files (they're in %appdata%) but just back them up to be sure.

As for the others, if you don't know what files they are then you should assume they're going to be overwritten!

Neil Andrews.

Fight or Flight - YouTube | Twitter

8 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I have AI package, and costum, sun, moon, and sky/star.dat file... will upgrading to P3D 4.1 overwrite any of these files? I'm nervous because I'm not sure what files it will overwrite. Because I have a fair amount of customized files and I can't remember what they all are.

Also concerned with it overwriting my keybinds, p3d.cfg file, etc.

What AI you have?

I just upgraded the Client, UTL working without any problems, Also EZDOK if you are interested.

If you update the content your Sun, Moon and Sky stars will be overriden.

Regards,
Simbol

I also have UTL and after installing P3D 4.1 last night i get UTL splash screen as normal and then an error and UTL stops.....?

12 hours ago, asustech said:

I also have UTL and after installing P3D 4.1 last night i get UTL splash screen as normal and then an error and UTL stops.....?

I doubt this is something to do with 4.1 update. UTL crashes occasionally (before and after the update), this is well know issue. There is a topic about it in UTL forum.   

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

On 10/10/2017 at 2:40 PM, simbol said:

...Also EZDOK if you are interested.
Simbol

My Ezdok is grounded,  there is an issue with zooming and some other stuff. I saw in Ezdok forum there were many people having the same issue. Did your zoom level remained the same after the update? 

I9-13900K | ASUS ROG Strix Z790-E Gaming LGA 1700 | MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 24GB | CORSAIR iCUE H150i ELITE LCD Liquid Cooler | CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 64GB (2X36) 5200MHx DDR5 | Thermaltake GF3 1650W 80+ Gold PSU | Samsung QN90C Neo QLED TV 50”

2 minutes ago, skysurfer said:

I doubt this is something to do with 4.1 update. UTL crashes occasionally (before and after the update), this is well know issue. There is a topic about it in UTL forum.   

I Agree, now that 4.1 is out I have been working with my AI Landings lights effects all night while using UTL as my AI package for testings and I have no problems at all with it.

Just now, skysurfer said:

My Ezdok is grounded,  there is an issue with zooming and some other stuff. I saw in Ezdok forum there were many people having the same issue. Did your zoom level remained the same after the update? 

Yes, but You need to install the new 2.5 Beta build 11, you can find it on the EZDOK Forums beta thread which is available for any user of PDV4, then you disable the fuselage effects channel and voila all ok.

Regards,
Simbol

On 10/11/2017 at 6:14 PM, simbol said:

Yes, but You need to install the new 2.5 Beta build 11, you can find it on the EZDOK Forums beta thread which is available for any user of PDV4, then you disable the fuselage effects channel and voila all ok.

Regards,
Simbol

Build 11 does not work. I had build 11 already. I saw other people have the same issue with build 11. They released build 21 for 4.1 update. That one works fine now. 

Just now, skysurfer said:

Build 11 does not work. I had build 11 already. I saw other people have the same issue with build 11. They released build 21 for 4.1 update. That one works fine now. 

Yes there is a new build now and you can use again the fuselage shakes.

Regards 

Simbol