Sign in to follow this  
longrangecruise

Flytampa Copenhagen and Athens 30% off

Hi guys,

the title says it all! It’s at simmarket.com

It’s a good opportunity as Flytampa sceneries are seldom on sale.

Regards, Perry

Hi,

Can any Copenhagen owner give me an idea of what the framerates are like in FSX. I have their Athens (which is very smooth) and Vienna (which is a bit more demanding): how does EKCH compare?

Many thanks

15 hours ago, Moonflight said:

Hi,

Can any Copenhagen owner give me an idea of what the framerates are like in FSX. I have their Athens (which is very smooth) and Vienna (which is a bit more demanding): how does EKCH compare?

Many thanks

I don't routinely monitor frame rates but FlyTampa EKCH seems to run smoothly in my FSX, however it does have a big VAS footprint which can be an issue. You would probably be better checking the FSX or FlyTampa forums for more info on this as the admins are not keen on this forum being used for discussions of issues concerning products!

Bill

15 hours ago, Moonflight said:

Hi,

Many thanks

FPS were very good with my i7 2600k @ 4.7, but depending on your settings and the airplane that you use you might experience an OOM error.

It's the reason why I now use P3d v4 as my primary sim. No more OOM errors.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Does anyone know of any decent photoscenery of southern Sweden that could be used with this airport? I really don't fancy the thought of flying over bog standard default scenery on final approach to runway 22.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

I don't know if there is a photoscenery product for Sweden but there is freeware landscape and airport scenery for Sweden available called Sweden Design Base V2. I have no idea what this is like but you can track it down on the Flightsimnorway.com website.

Bill

On 10/10/2017 at 3:51 PM, longrangecruise said:

Hi guys,

the title says it all! It’s at simmarket.com

It’s a good opportunity as Flytampa sceneries are seldom on sale.

That's for the heads up.

I agree, you rarely see their stuff on sale. The last time there was a sale it was on Sydney so I picked it up.

I'll get Athens as well but will skip Copenhagen since I have the ScanSim version. I don't normally buy the same airport twice, but in the case of Copenhagen, I think I've only flown there like 3 times total and buying the FT version wouldn't make sense for an area I rarely fly to.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Tempted by Athens, but I'm held back by the age of the scenery and lack of modern features for P3Dv4.

- Aaron

4 hours ago, slait said:

Tempted by Athens, but I'm held back by the age of the scenery and lack of modern features for P3Dv4.

Although it's one of their older airports, Athens is still an excellent product and doesn't quite have the VAS hit of their more recent airports which is an important consideration for FSX users. I don't however think that it has as yet been updated for v4.

Bill

6 hours ago, scianoir said:

I don't however think that it has as yet been updated for v4.

It has, Bill, as well as other airports.
Here is their compatibility forum thread: http://www.flytampa.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=10302

By the way it is an excellent scenery.
I bought it some time ago during another sale.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, Rafal said:

By the way it is an excellent scenery.
I bought it some time ago during another sale.

I agree...excellent airport and very smooth.  Copenhagen...I dunno...wasn't as impressed as some of their others.

On 10/12/2017 at 7:52 PM, cmpbellsjc said:

I agree, you rarely see their stuff on sale.

Very rarely.  I've lost some interest in them these days since I can often get airports from others on sale.  Flightbeam as well.  Great airports but my buck usually goes further elsewhere.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

14 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Copenhagen...I dunno...wasn't as impressed as some of their others.

True, same here. Plus it was a performance killer for me on FSX.

14 minutes ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

Flightbeam as well

They usually have a sale (around 30% off) on Black Friday.
So, just a month and a half to go. :wink:
Unfortunately I have all their stuff except KMSP which is of no interest to me.

27 minutes ago, Rafal said:

They usually have a sale (around 30% off) on Black Friday.
So, just a month and a half to go. :wink:
Unfortunately I have all their stuff except KMSP which is of no interest to me.

He used to have a July 4th and Easter too, didn't he?  Thing about having all the sales on the same weekend is you have to choose between them and everything else on sale. 

• Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM