Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

Something changed in the ground handling in the new update. I cannot get tri gear nose wheel to steer and it just slides. It will turn just a bit but not enough. All planes do this except the PMDG 747 as that has it's own system for ground handling. Tail draggers turn great but not nose gear equipped planes. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yep same here. I was using PMDG's 747. Before 4.1 was working perfectly. Now I can't get the steering with the rudders. You say the 747 has it's own ground handling? 

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

Yes the 747 is the only plane that will turn in taxi for me. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Will other nose gear equipped planes turn easily in taxi for you?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Haven't tried anything else. I'll try another bird and report back.

Just tried the CRJ 900 from Aerosoft. Same problem with rudder steering. 4.1 screwed something up.

I hope they can put out a hotfix for this. Now I have to start each plane on the runway because I cannot taxi them anymore.

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Take the plane up and you'll see the rudder barely works. Tried recalibrating but no help.

My rudder and nose wheel turn ok but nose wheel will not track on the ground and just skids. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Yes they turn. You can see that from the outside view. Looks ok. But then you can see it's essentially skidding on the ground and not actually turning the aircraft. It's like it's skidding on ice.

Exactly,,but why are we the only ones with this problem?

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Tried Virtualcol's CRJ same issue.

Maybe we aren't. It's early in the game. Reports are just coming in. I also have an error message for F1's GTN 750. Will need to update that.

I was busy with work this evening and did not yet install V4.1.  was just starting to set it up and stopped. I am not going any further until this issue is resolved with a fix. 4.0 is just fine for me for now. I see nothing compelling at this point. Most disappointed! Oh well, that means that everything that worked great yesterday still works today! :cool:

Thanks for the heads up.

Kind regards,