Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

Have you tried with default aircraft? Also are you using a rudder steering or are you using the Axis Steering Tiller on the axis assignments?

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Updated F1 750. Chaseplane giving notice it's not compatible.

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb, RX 6900XT 16gb

I used rudder on every plane including all PMDGs 777, 747, 737 and up to the install of 4.1 worked without a single problem. Now nothing but a problem.

Tried the default f22 and it shows up there but not as bad. Carenado's C90GTX shows up there.

There are complaints here but I am wondering the installation method? The aircraft being used? Have you reinstalled the aircraft affected? Did you use FSUIPC? Do you use regular P3D assignments?

I.E The Aerosoft CRJ uses an animation for the steering that is independent from the actual movement via XML. Thus why you might get a turning wheel and not an actual movement in that direction.

Please share more details.

Has anyone posted this on the Prepar3D Forums? That's the first place I would report it. 

Signature.png

Don't use FSUIPC for my controls. All through P3D assignments. Obviously I would prefer a solution rather than reinstalling a whole bunch of aircrafts. 

I deinstalled the 4.0 Client and installed the new client.

With client only updated I've flown Carenado default beech, A2A Cherokee and aerosoft's twotter. I'm not having problems on ground taxi.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

Works fine for me. Using CH pedals and not with FSUIPC. Tested with Realair Duke. BTW Duke works with the new rain effect.

I updated to 4.1 Client, Content, and Scenery. Following Elaines (Poppet) post regarding 4.1 update.

1 minute ago, bills511 said:

Works fine for me. Tested with Realair Duke. BTW Duke works with the new rain effect.

I updated to 4.1 Client, Content, and Scenery. Following Elaines (Poppet) post regarding 4.1 update.

Can you post those for the users that are having issues. Thanks. 

Signature.png

2 minutes ago, warriorpilot said:

Can you post those for the users that are having issues. Thanks. 

Poppet's post was regarding Orbx users.

Spoiler

Just a note for FTX Orbx users 

Orbx Scenery can survive both processes comfortably,  Either updating Prepar3D using the component Installers Or completing a full reinstall of Prepar3D 

Note: You need to keep the same folder for Prepar3D that Orbx is in now 

Client:  Updating the Client will require no further action really,  Just launch the FTX Control Panel, this action will check and verify the files 

-----------

Content:  Updating the Content component will require you to take 2 precautionary steps 

1) Force an update of the "Orbxlibs" by Deleting the version text file located below, it will look like this  FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT  

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX_AA_ORBXLIBS.TXT

Launch the FTX Central control panel, this action will prompt you to reinstall\update Orbxlibs,  Click the blue box  (Bottom left corner)  

By launching the FTX Control this action alone will reconfigure your Auotgen files back to Orbx use again 

2)  Run the Migration Troubleshooter to Insure the Integrity of the Orbx Files, at the location below

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► Troubleshooter ► Migration Troubleshooter.exe

-----------

Scenery: Updating the Scenery component will require you to Reinstall Orbx Global Base. To reinstall Global Base Delete the version text file located below,  it will look like this  FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK

Prepar3D v4 ► ORBX ► User Documents ► Versions ► FTX GLOBAL BASE PACK.txt

Launch the FTX Central control panel, navaigate to Global Base and click Install 

FTX trees does also overwrite default files but the FTX control Panel should verify these when launched.  As FTX trees is only a small download there is no harm to run the download again anyway

Also, Carry out step 1 and 2 from the above,  Force an Orbx libraries update and run the Migration Troubleshooter.exe

You can find the updated Object Flow Module at the link below.  You will need to sign in to view this post 

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/143063-p3d-41-is-out-do-we-need-updates/

OMG, why couldn't this all have been posted 2 or 3 hours ago...I just finished installing Client and Content, and on my first taxi out in PMDG 737NGX it was all over the place. I have the MFG pedals and they are spectacular for about everything they do, INCLUDING ground handling. Was working perfectly in 4.0.x.

I just came here from the LM forums and there's a post over there, too.

https://prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6314&p=168228#p168228

I could about tear my hair out, as I had been watching the forums for possible issues immediately before updating to 4.1, and NOTHING about steering problems until now...I think I'm going to cry...lol.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB