Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

11 minutes ago, DLWbluues said:

Yup! EZDOCK is it. Well, on my system anyway. I reproduced it several times.

UPDATE

EZDock has confirmed the issue on their official forums, a fix is on the way:

Nickbe 

Guys, Hello! 
We already know about the problem, already done the fix. Except for the zoom not working Worldcameras. Still need to turn off any shaking of the fuselage, the slider should be placed in the leftmost position, otherwise there is a problem with the rotation of the front wheel. The update will be ready in the coming days. 
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Simbol

Edited by simbol
UPDATED INFORMATION

49 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

A full re-install is not required, don't know why people are jumping to conclusions without taking steps to identify the cause or list their environment and add-ons?  I tested Full, client only, client and content ... the only test I didn't do was scenery install.

First place I would recommend to start with diagnostics:

1.  Disable all 4 of your DLL.XML and EXE.XML files (don't launch P3D V4.1 from any external product)
2.  backup your standard.xml and standard.xmlx files and then delete them  (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls)
3.  backup you calibration.xml file and then delete it (i.e. C:\Users\Rob\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Controls)

4. delete any "Default" startup scenario you may have created.

Test V4.1, load a flight.

There is obviously some "Common" element several of you have that is causing your issue, the task is to discover that common element and resolve.

Cheers, Rob.

You are correct in what you say mate deleted the said files and all was good until I started up EZDOK and bang down the creek it went

so I think there lies the problem not the complete install

1 hour ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I did, and like I've said, I didn't encounter any problems with any aircraft from PMDG to A2A and everything in between with a host of other add-ons.  None of the aircraft developers on the beta had reported a problem. 

None one wants to blame beta testers. They do a great job to make the transition quick and fluent to the majority of users. But just from reading the threads one could get the impression that none of them used EZDOK while taxiing. It is also likely that the problem just occured for some users with certain aircraft combinations.

Anyway, it is great that the cluprit has been found.

Regards,

Chris

--

13900K, Gigabyte Geforce RTX 4090, 32GB DDR5 RAM, Asus Rog Swift PG348Q G-SYNC 1440p monitor, Varjo Aero/Pico 4 VR

But the question is that if you dont have ESDOK and still have the problem with steering and taxing. What to do?

/Thomas

Thomas ( Sundsvall, ESNN, Sweden)
P3D V5.3 HF1, Intel 9 9900K Oc 5 GHZ 16MB, Corsair Hydro H150i PRO RGB 360mm, ASUS GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER 8GB ROG, 2 Corsair Force M2 MP600 1TB+500Gb, ASUS ROG MAXIMUS XI HERO Z390 MB, Corsair 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200Mhz CL16, Fractal Design Define S2 Vision, Win 10 Home, BenQ 32" PD3200U 4K IPS monitor

A2A, Majestic Q400, Leonardo Maddog, IFly B737

3 minutes ago, Seat* said:

But the question is that if you dont have ESDOK and still have the problem with steering and taxing. What to do?

/Thomas

Disable all add-on's to see if your problem goes fixed, if it does then enable them one by one to identify which one is it.

Simbol 

1 hour ago, simbol said:

Do you guys have the accufeel add-on? Just wondering as it could be the culprit.

Just trying to help.

Simbol 

Accu feel not released yet for any P3D version and it dosent work in P3Dv4 (in v3 it could).

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Updated just the client and content as the two fixes in scenery aren't worth the pain!
A2A aircraft won't steer, tried 172, Cherokee and commanche.
Ngx, all default and pretty much every just flight p3d aircraft the have released all steer properly.
Chris

followed Robs advice  and now all default aircraft steer on the ground.unfortunately A2a's comanche still won't turn fully on the ground.there is slight movement.this is with EZDOK disabled.

steve

I have done two full installs now trying to cure this and also deleted EZdok and still the planes will not turn. 

PMDG 747 will turn because they use their own ground handling system. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

4 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I have done two full installs now trying to cure this and also deleted EZdok and still the planes will not turn. 

PMDG 747 will turn because they use their own ground handling system. 

Interesting, could it be two add-on's causing a simular problem? EZdok and other?

I imagine you tested default planes and they didn't turn?

S.

The only plane that will turn correctly is the PMDG 747 as it has it's  own ground handling system.

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

This could be a real problem because only a few have it and the one's that don't have it will assume the one's that do are doing something wrong so it might never be fixed. 

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Short video of problem showing default aircraft skidding instead of turning (EZDdoc disabled)

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

Has anyone tried cycling CTRL + D to make sure it’s not an erroneous yaw damper engaged?

possibly a long shot but worth a try?

2 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Has anyone tried cycling CTRL + D to make sure it’s not an erroneous yaw damper engaged?

possibly a long shot but worth a try?

Why would a yaw damper effect nosewheel steering? 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310