Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

1 hour ago, DrumsArt said:

Thank you Rob...I guess it's not possible for me...Not tried yet but I think I can forget all my RealAir in v4.1.

Regards

Hi Richard,

are you sure that the RealAir aircraft are even affected? I don't think that they are, but I haven't had the time to try them out either. In any case, RealAir didn't use programmatic gauges (except the sound module), to theoretically there is a good chance to find and fix something like that.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

44 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi Richard,

are you sure that the RealAir aircraft are even affected? I don't think that they are, but I haven't had the time to try them out either. In any case, RealAir didn't use programmatic gauges (except the sound module), to theoretically there is a good chance to find and fix something like that.

Best regards

Hi Oliver,

Good news, thank you, I will try and report back.

Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

14 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

Are you speaking in an official capacity here?

I'm not an LM employee nor LM contractor.  Would that matter?  Doesn't change the reality.  It IS a developers platform, look at how fast content was moved from 32bit platform to 64bit platform and from DX9 to DX11 and more.  

15 minutes ago, Lorby_SI said:

What is bugging me is that this change was unnecessary.

You could say many changes were unnecessary (from YOUR perspective), just as LM could say they were necessary (from THEIR perspective) ... not really sure where this is going?

Almost daily I have to make a decision about when and where I'll make breaking changes to my products, web services, etc. ... and yes, more often than not the smaller clients will get the short end of the stick, it's just something we have to weigh out relative to our own costs and work loads.

I would NOT fight the urge to make code consistent or more clear, down the line as developers come and go you'll want code that makes sense, is consistent, and easy to work with.  Developers come in a variety of skill levels and cost levels.  Having hired, fired, and watch developers move on in life, having a good consistent code base is vital to minimizing productivity down time.

I'm not trying to be rude or condescending, so I apologize if I've come across that way.  We obviously disagree and that's ok, world is full of disagreement.

Cheers, Rob.

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

Hi Richard,

Best regards

Hi Oliver,

Good news, thank you, I will try and report back.

Regards,

Great, you was right, the RealAir's seems not impacted.

Thank you and Regards,

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

I rollback to the client 4.0.28xxx and all is back to the normal...

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

Great, you was right, the RealAir's seems not impacted.

Thank you and Regards,

Hello Richard,

good to have it confirmed, thank you for testing.

I scanned through the XML gauge code of the Duke B60 V2, and the "critical" varables aren't used anywhere.

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On 10/10/2017 at 11:51 PM, warriorpilot said:

I am curious to see if the other users reporting the issue did the same method. 

Hi Warriorpilot

I have this issue with all my addons and default aircraft, the nose wheel correctly turn but the aircraft just turn 10-15 degrees only.

I rollback to client 4.0 and its correct now but would like to know how to correct it without reinstall all my addons. 

Any solution will be appreciate.

Pierre

i7-8700K 3.70 GHz, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti, Samsung SSD 840 840 EVO 1TB,  RAM 16 GB, Triple Monitors : 2 LG and Planar touch screen PCT 2265 as main monitor,  Windows 10 up to date 🙂

1 hour ago, pilecan said:

Hi Warriorpilot

I have this issue with all my addons and default aircraft, the nose wheel correctly turn but the aircraft just turn 10-15 degrees only.

I rollback to client 4.0 and its correct now but would like to know how to correct it without reinstall all my addons. 

Any solution will be appreciate.

Pierre

What add ons do you have installed? Most have stated that they solve it by updating the content and the client. Have you tried that yet? 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

Yep, same here, no steering, only 4.1 client installed, all aircraft from what I can see. tried to re cal everything to no avail!  Proflight yoke and pedals... sob sob

3 hours ago, warriorpilot said:

What add ons do you have installed? Most have stated that they solve it by updating the content and the client. Have you tried that yet? 

A lot but not so much. 
A2A Comanche 250. : I installed their update but no change appear.
Bell 407 Milviz for p3d v3
Bell UH-1H Huey Milviz p3d v4
DHC2 Milviz p3d v4
Lancair IVP Orbix p3dV3
Learjet  Xtreme Prototype p3d v4
PMDG 747 p3d v4
TDFI 717 p3d v4

Maybe someones p3d v3 cause problem...

I installed content and client v 4.1 but before I had register problem when I tried do uninstalled the content v4.0 I had this message "Prepar3d v4 content The specific account is already exists'  

Hi guys,

First of all, I'd like to thank all participants for this thread... I could fly just by reading all suggestions...

Unable to steer with my Alabeo DA40 with the P3D V4.1 sim, I googled and found, thant to you, that EZDOK was responsible for that situation. I remove the fuselage shaking and done...

Bruno

• Upvote 1

P3D V4.5 on SSD512 - W10.64
All add-ons on HDD 2To
Intel Core I9+9900K, RAM32Gb, NVidia RTX2080TI, Surround 3 x 27inc, VR Pimax5K+
Saitex X55, Saitek Yoke Pro + Throttle quadrant, Multi panel, Saitek Rudder pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x2

3 minutes ago, braudoux said:

Hi guys,

First of all, I'd like to thank all participants for this thread... I could fly just by reading all suggestions...

Unable to steer with my Alabeo DA40 with the P3D V4.1 sim, I googled and found, thant to you, that EZDOK was responsible for that situation. I remove the fuselage shaking and done...

Bruno

Bruno,

There is an update for EZDOK so you can use fuselage shakes again.

Go to the original developers forum, I think it is 2.5 build 24 or something like that.

Regards,

Simbol 

I have the same problem after P3Dv 4.1! Don´t have Ezdoc, just using Logitech joystick. How can one roll back to version 4.0 if needed?

1 minute ago, Conny said:

I have the same problem after P3Dv 4.1! Don´t have Ezdoc, just using Logitech joystick. How can one roll back to version 4.0 if needed?

Is this happening to all your planes or a particular plane? note that A2A planes need to be updated separated from EZDOK.

Simbol

Hi guys!

I had the same problem after upgrading to 4.1. The sollution for me was to disable "fuselage shakes" in ezdok completely (i had mine in ground only) ... and voila! 

This youtube vid shows the sollution ;) 

Hope this will fix your problems too! (at least the ones with ground steering in p3d ;D )

//Christian