Sign in to follow this  
warbirds

Problem with ground handling with v4.1

Client only install here and no problems as far as I can tell. Tried every PMDG aircraft and they all work fine like they did prior to 4.1.

Interesting, I never ran into this issue thru the entire Beta cycle, can those of you with this problem ID any other add-ons you might be using?  I tested A LOT of aircraft in 4.1 and no steering issues.

Only thing I can suggest is check your axis assignments.

Sorry guys I spoke too soon. A2A 172 is affected.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Rob Ainscough said:

Interesting, I never ran into this issue thru the entire Beta cycle, can those of you with this problem ID any other add-ons you might be using?  I tested A LOT of aircraft in 4.1 and no steering issues.

Thats exactly what I am thinking. I tested everything I have installed. All is working normal. I am using FSUIPC with it setting the assignments. 

Signature.png

Follow me on : Instagram

See my Trailer: A Year Of Flight

On my main FS PC, I did run client and content installers. On my other test PCs I always did complete clean full installs.

For those having the problem, As an experiment you might want to do the content installer in addition to client installer and see if that clears up the issue.

Cheers, Rob

My assignments are in FSUIPC. I deleted them, reset them, recalibrated my MFG pedals using MFG utility. NOTHING works. I even tried deleting FSUIPC assignments and assigning in P3D...not good.

For me, the NGX wants to constantly turn left. It's not severe, and I can control it buy using a bit of right pedal...but it's almost as if there's constant wind on the tail, but I have AS4 not running, P3D weather is set to clear, no wind.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Installed Client AND Content, exactly per Poppet's instructions. Before installing 4.1 I deleted P3D.cfg, and shader cache.

For me, the default F22 seems to steer okay, and will follow a straight forward track down the runway centerline with no rudder input.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Put me down for the same issue. Tried with the C172 and have all my controls set via FSUIPC with very limited steering in the A2A C172.

37 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

I second that Rob. 

I installed client & content. Tested everything from the default C172, F22, and Baron to the PMDG 737/B777/B744 lineup.  No issues whatsoever with regards to taxiing. 

For those of you having issues, did you install client only? Is your FSUIPC the latest v4.1 compatible release? 

On my side I installed only the client, I am not using the latest FSUIPC but CRJ was working fine, I could taxi (rudder was set previously in FSUIPC). On my side, I deleted the prepar3d.cfg also and rebuilt it after client install.

Valentin Rusu

AMD Ryzen 5900x OC, EVGA RTX 3080 Ti FTW3, DDR4 32GB @3200MHz, Samsung 840 PRO Raid for Win 10 Pro, Samsung 960 PR0 512GB NVMe SSD for P3D v4.5

35 minutes ago, Rob Ainscough said:

Rob, I appreciate you coming into this thread, cause I know the big guns are involved with you here, but I fail to see how any of my add-ons could affect steering of the NGX, but not the F22. PMDG 747 seems to steer correctly.

1 minute ago, calzonister said:

I second that. Installed client & content. Tested everything from the default C172, F22, and Baron to the PMDG 737/B777/B744 lineup.  No issues whatsoever.

For those of you having issues, did you isntall Client only? Is your FSUIPC the latest v4.1 compatible release? 

I had already posted above that I installed Client AND Content.

FSUIPC is 5.2.102 (5.121b).

I'm going to bed now, but tomorrow I'll try an uninstall and reinstall of PMDG 737NGX (unless I see another solution beforehand.)

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

Client only newest FSUIPC, A2A C172 issue, RealAir Lancair no issue.