Sign in to follow this  
Michael49

Strange ATC behaviour after reloading saved Flight

I am experiencing some unexpected ATC directions after reloading a previously saved flight.

Basic Scenario

FSX-SE flying a Carenado EMB505 from EGPK to LIRP with default ATC. After approx. 30 minutes into the flight, flying "own navigation" on autopilot (current course 160°) and tuned to Manchester Centre. I then save the flight, end flight, exit FSX and shut down.

On returning later, start up FSX and load the saved flight. 

After establishing that the plane is fully configured and that the correct waypoint is active on the FMC. I request IFR clearance. Manchester Centre responds and then directs me to turn right onto heading 340°, which it keeps repeating ad infinitum, if I ignore the message. Following the direction takes me all the way back to EGPK!

So far I have tried cancelling IFR and flying onto the next ATC centre area before requesting a new clearance after reloading the flight plan again, but no change. Just the constant and persistent "turn right onto heading 340°". Proceeding on the flight for a period on time before saving the flight again and then reloading the later flight just results in the same behaviour. 

I'm completely baffled.

Any help appreciated.

Michael

Have you tried requesting your IFR clearance from Manchester Center and then saving your flight?

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Check the saved file points to the GPS plan:

[GPS_Engine]
Filename=MY_FSX.PLN

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

Thanks guys,

Unfortunately none of the next handover or cancelling ifr, re applying for ifr before saving again etc measures have any effect. Even after 1,000 miles of flight and many centres later, ATc still keeps trying to route me in the departure airport direction!

SteveW - the saved file is pointing to the correct GPS plan but without the PLN extension; could this be a factor?

2 hours ago, Michael49 said:

SteveW - the saved file is pointing to the correct GPS plan but without the PLN extension; could this be a factor?

Normally works so long as you have the GPS plan called xxxxx.PLN in the same folder as the xxxxx.FLT you only need xxxxx specified without path or extension.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

On 10/11/2017 at 11:08 AM, Michael49 said:

I am experiencing some unexpected ATC directions after reloading a previously saved flight.

Basic Scenario

FSX-SE flying a Carenado EMB505 from EGPK to LIRP with default ATC. After approx. 30 minutes into the flight, flying "own navigation" on autopilot (current course 160°) and tuned to Manchester Centre. I then save the flight, end flight, exit FSX and shut down.

On returning later, start up FSX and load the saved flight. 

After establishing that the plane is fully configured and that the correct waypoint is active on the FMC. I request IFR clearance. Manchester Centre responds and then directs me to turn right onto heading 340°, which it keeps repeating ad infinitum, if I ignore the message. Following the direction takes me all the way back to EGPK!

So far I have tried cancelling IFR and flying onto the next ATC centre area before requesting a new clearance after reloading the flight plan again, but no change. Just the constant and persistent "turn right onto heading 340°". Proceeding on the flight for a period on time before saving the flight again and then reloading the later flight just results in the same behaviour. 

I'm completely baffled.

Any help appreciated.

Michael

ignore the post

Edited by nam1394

Naif Almazroa

My Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Youmou0205