Sign in to follow this  
spilok

How do you know you've upgraded?

Where can you check that you have upgraded to 4.1?  I ended up having to uninstall v4 completely because I screwed up by not putting my download into a separate folder.  So, I'm in the process of installing all of ORBX addons, and I'll have a busy day with all the rest.

I still would like to know where the version number can be seen.

Stan

Hi Stan,

Just move your mouse over the prepar3d.exe file in Windows Explorer and it will show you the version number.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

You can check version of each component by selecting 'Help' or 'About' from the top menu inside Prepar3D.

I am not sure what are exact names of those positions because I am not at Prepar3D at the moment.

You can also open Control Panel and the version of Client / Content / Scenery will be visible in one of the columns.

Hope that helps.

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

Thanks,

Looks like 4.1 client is installed.

Stan

I want one suggestion before installing 4.1, a little pertubed by a lot of posts today... Must I wait and see ?... And waiting the first correction patch of LM.

Mine actual version of 4.0 work very well and is very stable... Worth it to lost it... Take me a few mounths to verify all compatibilities and seem that those compatible v4.0 is no more sure for 4.1.

FlightSimulator become... a "Simulator of installations" is a other game that flying... Some ones, like this new kind of game 🆒🆒🆒🔀🔽

Mark

You know you've upgraded when the A2A Commanche won't taxi properly lol.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

You also apparently as I've just discovered, know that you've upgraded if the JF L-1011 turns into a stealth aircraft in both the VC and externally, but reinstalling it sorts it out, which is really bizarre, but it does show that 4.1 is quite evidently gonna cause a few issues.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, ms2 said:

I want one suggestion before installing 4.1, a little pertubed by a lot of posts today... Must I wait and see ?... And waiting the first correction patch of LM.

Mine actual version of 4.0 work very well and is very stable... Worth it to lost it... Take me a few mounths to verify all compatibilities and seem that those compatible v4.0 is no more sure for 4.1.

FlightSimulator become... a "Simulator of installations" is a other game that flying... Some ones, like this new kind of game 🆒🆒🆒🔀🔽

Mark

Why hurry into this if you have a stable system?

I am waiting until all the dust settles.

Bert

2 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Why hurry into this if you have a stable system?

I am waiting until all the dust settles.

F1 GTN Complete is building version 2.04 to address issues, just for your info as I know how much you love this add'on :happy:

10 minutes ago, simbol said:

F1 GTN Complete is building version 2.04 to address issues, just for your info as I know how much you love this add'on :happy:

Thanks - I am giving them all the time in the world.. :biggrin:

Bert