Sign in to follow this  
zkerr8

Windows Update KB4041676 and P3Dv3.4 CTD

This morning I was greeted with another MS windows 10 update....which resulted in a CTD just after the scenario loaded.  I am running P3D V3.4 (my app crash report is linked below if anyone is interested).  This is the second month in a row where a forced update has crashed my sim. Last month it was security update KB4038788; this time around its security update KB4041676.  I uninstalled the update and disabled it from future installs which appears to have fixed the problem for the short term.  Just wish there was a better solution than avoiding updates.  I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this issue?  And if anyone has a better solution (other than upgrading to P3D V4.1)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcnoy9mgume4je9/appcrash_p3D.txt?dl=0

Zachary Kerr

"I fly a fake plane on my computer and I love it!"

On the scenario page choose South Pole station as the airport and start. Then just choose New Scenario and do whatever you want. That worked for me for the first problem update. Hopefully it still works with the new update!

Same here, I make restore point every time I install a new add-ons, so I can go back to a point in time before the upgrade After every patch from windows, I get to the scenario screen, hit ok and then Prepar3d goes black screen and stop.

Next time I will try your trick sanh.

But this should be looked at and fix,

Pierre 

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Installed both updates (MS and P3D) and all works OK...No problems at all.

Eduardo

On 10/11/2017 at 8:23 AM, zkerr8 said:

And if anyone has a better solution

If you still have Windows 7, you can install that OS as I heard this does not affect Windows 7 users (even though LM and MS state the problem is with a dotnet which I find strange as Windows 7 users use the same dotnets).  Wonder if changing the compatibility to Windows 7 will make it work?  I have v4.1 and have done several flights and so far no issues as the v3.4 users are having. 

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I am using P3D 4.0 right now and I have done many test to isolate the problem, and it is when I get a security patch from MS. I am in the process to upgrade to 4.1 today, lets see what happen. I would be curious to know what os version you are running, I have win10 home edition. 

Pierre

Pierre Nantel
Asus Prime Z490-A | Intel I9-10900K  | 32 Gb Corsair 2666Mhz DDR4 | 2XSamsung 960 M.2 SSD | Asus GF GTX 1080 ti turbo 11 GB | Win 10 | Prepar3D 5.3 HF1 | AS/ASCA | EFB 2 | PF3 | MCE | PMDG 747-777 |  Twin Otter | Q400 | Aerosoft Airbus series

Windows 10 Home Edition.

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this issue? 

I too had the same issue and did the same thing as before by hiding the update. this is for v3.4. LM is still activiely working with MS on a fix. Here is the most recent post from LM about it after I mentioned the new update does the same.
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6312&t=126667&start=225

This morning I was greeted with another MS windows 10 update....which resulted in a CTD just after the scenario loaded.  I am running P3D V3.4 (my app crash report is linked below if anyone is interested).  This is the second month in a row where a forced update has crashed my sim. Last month it was security update KB4038788; this time around its security update KB4041676.  I uninstalled the update and disabled it from future installs which appears to have fixed the problem for the short term.  Just wish there was a better solution than avoiding updates.  I'm curious to see if anyone else has experienced this issue?  And if anyone has a better solution (other than upgrading to P3D V4.1)?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bcnoy9mgume4je9/appcrash_p3D.txt?dl=0

I am having issues in P3D V2. When I load the Flight1 B200 King Air, P3D crashes as soon as there is ANY keyboard input. Same as the previous virus KB4038788.

See updated information on this issue pinned above -

Submit News to AVSIM