Sign in to follow this  
MarkN1232

I hate this

Can someone walk me through step by step how to install  P3D 4.1 I find the website completely and utterly vague. I uninstalled the client in 4.0, now how do I re-install it without having to do a COMPLETE re-install 

Mark Nelson

Hop on You Tube and check out Matt Davis.  He shows you how to do it and saves you the trouble of having to reinstall all your addons!

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well if you uninstalled the 4.0 Client, then it follows that you install the 4.1 Client.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1: Download the Full P3D V4.1 (it will take awhile)

2: While that is downloading, uninstall P3D V4 client and content

3: When 4.1 is finished, install JUST the client

4: After client is installed, install content. 

5: Done!

3 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

1: Download the Full P3D V4.1 (it will take awhile)

2: While that is downloading, uninstall P3D V4 client and content

3: When 4.1 is finished, install JUST the client

4: After client is installed, install content. 

5: Done!

Why would you download the FULL 4.1 ?

Only needs the client and content.

3 minutes ago, GHarrall said:

Why would you download the FULL 4.1 ?

Only needs the client and content.

You need to download the P3D content too, thats where the Content installer pulls the data from

2 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

You need to download the P3D content too, thats where the Content installer pulls the data from

Yes, but there's no need to download the FULL installer for that!

• Upvote 2

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

4 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

Just now, SierraDelta said:

Exactly.

Uninstall client 

install new 4.1 client

Uninstall content

Install new 4.1 content

It really is that simple.  Even a 4 star  army general at West Point with a new VR headset on could do it!!!  

• Upvote 3

14ppkc-6.png

1 hour ago, SierraDelta said:

But it's easier than clicking download to ALL of the content stuff that is required for the Content download!!!!!!!!

Sooo, cont1.cab, cont2.cab and Install_Content.msi - that's 3 clicks, well 4 if you count clicking the + sign to expand the list.

Sure more than the 1 click for the Full package, but you save about 10 GB worth of internet traffic - and time.

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

1 hour ago, tooting said:

Uninstall client 

install new 4.1 client

Uninstall content

Install new 4.1 content

It really is that simple.  Even a 4 star  army general at West Point with a new VR headset on could do it!!!  

But remember when replacing the "Content" component you will also need to download the 2 associated .cab files.

Peter Webber

Prepar3D v5 & MSFS / Windows 10 Home Edition / CPU i7-7700K / MSI Z270 XPower Gaming Titanium / Samsung 970 EVO PLUS M.2 500GB / Corsair Vengeance DDR4 32GB 3000MHz / MSI Geforce GTX 1080Ti Gaming X