Sign in to follow this  
clive6354

VoxATC and Ultimate Traffic Live

I'm wondering if once a UTL bridge becomes available for Vox, which program would be providing the traffic? Will Vox create it's own traffic and only use the UTL  models? 

James McLees

If it works the same as it did in UT2, the bridge will allow the VOXATC Indexer to convert the UTL traffic database to the VOXATC traffic file format. VOXATC will use the UTL models and paints and it will still control the AI traffic.  But you never know until the bridge is actually released.

56 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

If it works the same as it did in UT2, the bridge will allow the VOXATC Indexer to convert the UTL traffic database to the VOXATC traffic file format. VOXATC will use the UTL models and paints and it will still control the AI traffic.  But you never know until the bridge is actually released.

That would be perfect. Would probably lose the "live aspect" but perhaps we could still see a live map from the UTL interface.

James McLees

Revisiting this topic now that six months have gone by and I've yet to use the latest VOXATC program that I bought. After reading a bit more on how VOX worked with UT2 and the bridge, I'm not sure that I want to use it in that manner anyway. 

I'm using UTL and I don't want to lose my traffic board, the "live" aspect or the ability to set GA and airline traffic independently so having VOX take control of the traffic is a non starter. However, I'm wondering, if I set VOX traffic to 0, and UTL at distributions I prefer, will VOX be able to "see" the UTL traffic (not control it) and alert me of it's presence? P3D ATC should keep UTL AI away from me and would give me ATC chatter.

James McLees

too long to wait !

I'll doing now my live with pilot2atc

by guys !

i9 13900K    HT off 32 Gb DDR5 @ 7.6  Ghz CL36 Asus Apex HERO Z790  W11 64 bits pro sur Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To,  DCS, P3D5 et MSFS sur 2 ème   Kingston FURY Renegade 2 To , RTX 3090 OC (GPU 2Ghz)  Alim Corsair 1500 W  Gold Ecran ACER  28 pouces  4K  G-SYNC
WC  AIO ARTIC liquid freezer II 420 Boitier Gigabyte 3d mars

so just to clarify, UT live does work with VOX 7.41 in P3D V4 ? or is something else needed to make it work.

Im sort of on the fence about buying UT Live as the AI from VOX tends to kill my performance significantly flying the PMDG 737 and 777

thanks in advance

On 5/11/2018 at 9:14 AM, FlyH300 said:

so just to clarify, UT live does work with VOX 7.41 in P3D V4 ? or is something else needed to make it work.

Im sort of on the fence about buying UT Live as the AI from VOX tends to kill my performance significantly flying the PMDG 737 and 777

thanks in advance

Nope and no word from the dev.  Took his ver 4 money and disappeared.  Really a shame because he admitted on his website that a new version of the bridge was going to be made but failed to deliver.   ProATCx and Pilot2Atc are the goto apps at this stage.  

Yes - Sadly for how much I love Vox I get much better performance with UT Live traffic so I've switched back to Pilot2ATC for now.  

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

Months later and still nothing from the dev, such a shame.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

i9 12900k | 32GB DDR5 RAM | 2TB Samsung EVO SSD (1TB x 2 in RAID 0) | MSI RTX 3090 | Reverb G2 | RealSimGear TBM900 Panel with Yoko+ TQ6+ & TM TPR Pedals

What would one lose by moving to Pilot2ATC?  I really hate the fact that the developer is so unresponsive to his customers.

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I sent an email to Carol but you might contact rcsimulations.co.uk.. I bought mine from them and if Tegwyn is not going to maintain some type of contact with his customers through forum or somewhere...i won't call it the "f" word but it smacks of unfair trade practices....lol.........we've all been burnt but it is a great program. The developer of Pilot2ATC is the best!!!

Bob M.

Bob M

15 hours ago, ricka47 said:

What would one lose by moving to Pilot2ATC?  I really hate the fact that the developer is so unresponsive to his customers.

Honestly, only the traffic injection/control that vox provides.  Vox is the only atc software that completely controls the traffic it injects.  Not to mention I loved the 'progressive taxi' lights that vox provides.  P2A is excellent, but lacks controlling the ai traffic around you, as well as the taxi lights (although I think I remember hearing its on the roadmap at some point).  The dev is equally on top of all feedback and bugs.  I have both and switch back and forth depending on my mood.  Most times I stick with Pilot2ATC but thats just me.

Chris DeGroat  

XP11 | MSFS

Yeah, the progressive lights are so much nicer than the default yellow arrows.  I keep using this as it is the only one that combines the major features that I want.  The fact that the developer ignores his customers is very annoying.  Heck, just for fun, I used the default ATC yesterday!

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I have been struggling to get VoxAtc 7.42 up and running. The concept is good but there are too many problems with it - bugs, poor support, conflicts with other programs etc. The manual didn’t explain how to create a flight plan very well but in the end I managed to solve the conundrum by creating a .pln file in pfpx and importing it into the flight planner in P3Dv4 and from there loading it into my scenario. 

The end result was a reasonably successful IFR flight with my Q400 in P3Dv4 with Active Sky, Ultimate Traffic 2, EFB 2, EZCA and FS2Crew. It started at a standard airport  (esmq). I found I had to start FS2Crew first otherwise I lost the voices of the copilot, cabin crew etc. It ended at an Orbx airport (essa). As soon as I left the runway VoxATC went silent so I never got taxi instructions or a gate - was this a conflict with the scenery file?

I then tried a flight from my FlyTampa Copenhagen Airport. I followed the above flight planning procedure but as soon as I enabled VoxATC I lost contact with FS2Crew - scenery problem? So now I am on the verge of abandonning VoxATC and returning to live VATSIM. The alternatives Pilot2ATC, VoxPro X etc try to do much and not as well as the addons listed above. Reliable and consistent ATC is all that is missing in my cocktail of addons and VoxATC seemed to be the answer. Maybe further developement will make this an attractive option.

John McWilliam

1 hour ago, jsmcwilliam said:

The concept is good but there are too many problems with it - bugs, poor support, conflicts with other programs etc.

You'll get no argument on the support issue, but the other two items need clarification.  VOXATC will not work correctly with third party airports that do not have perfect runway and taxiway geometry. Maybe another user with FlyTampa Copenhagen can help you out. All my FlyTampa airports work fine with VOXATC.Other than a few very minor bugs, 7.42 works correctly for me and a number of other users. What are the specifics of you setup (OS, sim, etc.). I would also try not using FS2Crew temporarily for purposes of tracking issues.