Sign in to follow this  
ehasanov1

EDDM T2G Runaway lights missing

Hi

I notice that I miss runaway lights with DX10 on EDDM from Taxi2gate.

If I put Legacy slider to the full left, I have lights.

Not sure if I had this before.

What can cause this behavior?

Can I have some negative results with other scenaries if I leave legacy slider full left.

Last time we discuss similar behavior with Aerosoft LSZH but this is solved with last Dx10Fixer version.

Thanks

D.

The manual does try to explain.   For legacy scenery that doesn't use the FSX SDK the FSX DX10 engine  discards information from the model that is necessary to draw things correctly.  The fixer uses a set of rules to try and guess what the missing information might have been - however these rules can never be 100% accurate  as information has been lost. 

In the balanced position with the V2 option selected it is very good and can draw the vast majority of legacy scenery and aircraft to people's satisfaction.   But occasionally there is an exception such as this.   The slider allows you to change the rules but it may well cause issues with other legacy sceneries or aircraft built with the FS8 SDK.    The best solution is to create a profile for flying to EDDM  and try to avoid flying there from other sceneries that are adversely effected by the setting.  For other flights use a balanced profile. 

Thanks Steve.

I will create profile for EDDM.

Can somebody confirm who have T2G EDDM same behaviour? It looks like I see lights. But they are greyed.

https://ibb.co/fTis1G

I'm not 100% sure that fault is because Dx10.

BRGDS

D.

Hi Steve.

Notice the same problems with Aerosoft Frankfurt V2.

No runway lights. When legacy slider full to the left, runway lights appeared.

Is it possible that something is corrupted?

Can halo.bmp cause this.

Thanks

D.

Do you have the v2 options ticked and the various other fixes in legacy?  Have you altered bgd.bmp?

try uninstalling the fixer and reinstalling

Hi Steve.

I have V2 options ticked in the legacy. Only Legacy ac self shadow and force shadow is unticked.

I reinstalled Fixer and cloud shadows.

Nothing changed.

I see the lights on runway but they are greyed (I see shapes but without light, don't know how to explain better). Like everything on runway (lights) is dimmed.

Other lights are bright (taxiway)

Hi Steve.

What is bgd.bmp?

You mentioned that file in your previous post.

It is possible that something is changed and I'm not aware of that.

I installed Simstarter NG few days ago, but didn't changed anything except scenery complexity. 

Thanks

D.

P.S. Picture :  https://ibb.co/e84jYw

Hi Steve.

Lights returned (EDDF and EDDM) after I disable V2.0 Transparency Logic with Balanced settings.

What can cause issues when V2.0 Transparency Logic is enabled.

Thanks

Well as per above nothing is 100% - V2.0 transparency is a rule that mostly improves things.  Do you have the Oslo and Zurich fixes ticked?