Sign in to follow this  
amar

P3D v4.1 Rain Effects showcase

Just posted a new video flying around St. Maarten with rain in V4.1. Hope you guys enjoy .....

• Upvote 3

It’s nothing like TrueGlass or the FSW effects, but at least they’re there

Nicely done.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 minutes ago, ErichB said:

It’s nothing like TrueGlass or the FSW effects

True, but looks at it this way:

How the default EGLL airport looks in comparison with the Aerosoft EGLL or UK 2000 EGLL? or how the default Gen textures looks in comparison with FTX Global? or how the default airport textures look in comparison with REX HD?

This is the same thing, this is the "Default" VC rain effects, Aircraft developers can now develop their own and I am sure they will be much better.

Nice video Amar.

Regards,
Simbol

• Upvote 2

true that. but i'm sure LM's rain effects will improve with time. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, simbol said:

True, but looks at it this way:

How the default EGLL airport looks in comparison with the Aerosoft EGLL or UK 2000 EGLL? or how the default Gen textures looks in comparison with FTX Global? or how the default airport textures look in comparison with REX HD?

This is the same thing, this is the "Default" VC rain effects, Aircraft developers can now develop their own and I am sure they will be much better.

Nice video Amar.

Regards,
Simbol

Yup, glad about that.  Progress 

• Upvote 2

Hello Amar 

Very good, Thanks for posting.

Welcome to the Avsim Forums ! 

Visually it is a bit underwhelming compared to what is in other sims such as Truck Simulator and FSW, and indeed what is in that new TrueGlass one, but at least LM have had a stab at it. See if they remembered to have it not go where the DV panel is when it opens, DTG forgot that initially in FSW and had to patch it.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Wow , back to the future, i had this 15 years ago with FS9

19 minutes ago, amar said:

... flying around St. Marteen with rain in V4.1. Hope you guys enjoy .....

It's St. Maarten, not St. Marteen. Just like my name.

Maarten

• Upvote 1

Maarten Boelens ([m][a:][R][t][ʏ][n])
Developer of SimLauncherX

ftx_supporter_avsim.gifC172Siggy1_zps11944daf.jpg

So it's only with Default aircraft correct? None of the others have this effect...

Incredible still we don't have blurring surfaces in the windshield with DX11 on P3D and we still have the FS9 rain textures back again. Rain Fx (blurry vision) is very important as with it you have to fly the aircraft IFR instead VFR.. and that is not only nice visuals, but simulation. Don't understand how Dovetail achieved a decent (not perfect) rain, but Lockheed still give us this awfull texture.

• Upvote 1

Javier Rollon. Owner of JRollon Planes for Xplane

"Incredible still we don't have blurring surfaces in the windshield with DX11 on P3D and we still have the FS9 rain textures back again. Rain Fx (blurry vision) is very important as with it you have to fly the aircraft IFR instead VFR.. and that is not only nice visuals, but simulation. Don't understand how Dovetail achieved a decent (not perfect) rain, but Lockheed still give us this awfull texture."

Totally agree, it does look really bad.

Francisco Blas
Windows11 Pro ASUS Hero Z790 | Intel i9-13900K | G.SKILL 32GB DDR5 | ASUS STRIX 4090 | WD 4TB SN850X NVMe | ASUS Ryujin II AIO 360mm | Corsair AX1600i | Lian Li 011D EVO | DELL Alienware 38 G-SYNC

15 minutes ago, Mitch24 said:

So it's only with Default aircraft correct? None of the others have this effect...

Correct, but from what I understand (correct me if I'm wrong) it is a tech that has been added to the sim which any developer can use for their planes. So they don't have to come up with their own system anymore. What LM is showing us a little of what is possible but I read that one can add their own textures and stuff to make things look better. LM is providing a base on which others can build. Which I think is the way to go!

I just feel the flight simulation development is still lagging behind other game categories. Looking at the external model of car racing games, the body, lighting, reflection, texturing, rain effect, tier smoking, are so real just like the real thing. But looking at the flight simulator, the lighting, the external model of the aircraft still looks like a 3D model. After a decade since the fsx 2004, the rain effect is still something simmers hopping to be integrated into the aircraft model. Not to mention other weather or ground effects. Not sure what causing the slow adaption of new graphic technologies, but it is truly a disappointment to the flight sim community.