Sign in to follow this  
Black_Katana

Pilot2Atc keeps freezing and I get errors everywhere

Hey, I am using the trial of pilot2atc along with x-plane 11. I am experiencing so many problems  I can't even list them all here. First off pilot2atc freezes when connecting to the sim, and is inactive for about 30 seconds. Then I choose sids, stars and approaches and validate, but as soon as I hit file it freezes for 10 seconds again, sometimes completely stops working. I also get lots of error windows when doing random actions like sayit... also sometimes when using PTT or sayit I just get no response from the radio, and it freezes after a few seconds. Today that happened, and I waited 10 minutes, until suddenly a window opened telling me that the program does not respod and windows can try to restore it. I did that and it unfroze again, but the map was completely white. I don't even know what bug to describe here, i am just getting so many. Also when opening windows like config, grmr help I sometimes get these errors and those options do not work anymore. I even tried reinstalling, and suddenly when loading got a message that microsoft sql server was corrupted. I eventually managed to get it working again by entering "sqlservr.exe -sSQL2014" in cmd in the sql directory. It seems there are fundamental flaws in the basic program code, i don't know if it's windows 10 that's causing it, my sim or something running on my computer (tried ending other tasks already).

Is anybody experiencing the same? It is extremely weird, and I would love to use this tool. For me it is absolutely unusable like this.

Greetings,

Elias

There are hundreds of users not having these problems, so it likely is something in your environment.

Try running the program as administrator by right-clicking the program icon or file name and selecting the "Run as Administrator" option.  This is necessary, even if you are the system administrator.

Check to be sure your internet connection is up and healthy.  Many of the operations need information only found on the internet, including the map.

Check your PC Memory usage.  IF memory or CPU usage is excessive, Pilot2ATC cannot get what it needs to operate.

Finally, some operations, like filing a flight plan, do take 30+seconds to complete because of all the calculations being done.  Connecting to the SIM may take that long depending on conditions, but usually is a little  quicker.

Dave

I am already running the program as an administrator, and my Internet is fine. It is also not taking excessive cpu load, and I reduced running tasks to a minimum, still crashes, freezes and errors.

If you could email (admin @ pilot2ATC.com) or PM the log file from your next flight where this happens, I can take a look.  (Please don't post in the forum as it is difficult to analyze in that format and takes up too much space.)

Log files are located in:

C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs

where <UserName> is your PC user name

A new one is created each time you start Pilot2ATC, so if you take the most recent one when you have the error, you should have the correct one.

Thanks