Sign in to follow this  
WebMaximus

A collection of improvements in P3Dv4.1

So now with P3Dv4.1 released, the update we all so patiently waited for and with lots of of people already done some flying...what improvements did you found so far over P3Dv4?

Personally I upgraded today but didn't get the chance to do any flying. I've seen some people reporting improved performance while others say it's pretty much the same.

We got v/c rain but so far only in the default aircraft and not exactly of the quality we hoped for. A chance for 3rd party developers to improve the effect though which is great.

Dynamic lighting where most seemed to be pretty sure improved performance would be part of this version turned out to be only us dreaming.

Improved VR but still not on par with FlyInside

What else...what is your experience and verdict?

Richard Åsberg

I think performance is slightly better over v4, but nothing crazy.

V/c rain effects was a let down, but then again, I didn't even notice they were missing in my aircraft because it doesn't make or break the sim. Everyone wants a 3rd party dev to improve it, but I'm kinda tired of having to pay for every little thing for improvements. I miss the days of FS9 when it came out of the box ready to work. 

Dynamic lighting IMO is somewhat of a lackluster of an effect. When I first heard about this, I thought it meant all lights were dynamic (including sun and moon), but in reality, it is just for night flying. 

V/r isn't something I do so, but I just happened to click on it just to see what it looks like and it is quite blurry looking around the V/c.

Just my two cents.

P3D v4, REX SF3D, AS16, ENVTex, PTA 2.60, FSDT KDFW, KLAS, KLAX, KORD, KJFK, KSFD, KIAH, KMEM, KCLT FlightBeam KDEN, KIAD, KPHX, KSFO, KMSP

ASUS Z97 Pro + Wifi, Intel i7 4990k 4.0GHz, EVGA NVidia 970 4GB DDR5, Corsair 16GB DDR3 2400, Samsung SSD 850 250GB, 2x Acer 32" Monitor

Performancewise: very similar;

v/c rain: the option is there, it works but it's a start;

steering problem with A2A planes: LM bug;

The only positive point I can come up with is the ATC windows stays focused: you can interact with ATC even though you've selected other options. Great.

A very minor update really.

edit: forgot to mention the dynamic lighting is still a FPS cruncher.

Cheers

Pierre

Biggest improvement for me is that it sounds like we can finally expect the FSLabs A320, Majestic Dash 8, and the next couple FlyTampa airports.  Word on the street has been that all were waiting on fixes/added features they requested from LM in v4.1.

• Upvote 1

Eric Szczesniak

23 minutes ago, ESzczesniak said:

expect the FSLabs A320,

Just don't mention it at their forums - they throw locks around quicker than a high security prison!

• Upvote 1

David Porrett

20 minutes ago, DavidP said:

Just don't mention it at their forums - they throw locks around quicker than a high security prison!

lol why you say that? 

S.

LM mentioned improving the VC of the Falcon. Looks very nice. Had a blast cloud dancing with it.  4.1 and ASP4 together really gave me a sense of speed as the wispy tops of the clouds zoomed by the cockpit at 500 knots.

John  Hubbard   MSFS2020 - Win10                    

What changed with the ATC.  I made one flight but didn't notice anything different. 

The focus remains so you don't have to keep clicking on the ATC window.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Thanks for your thoughts so far guys!

Personally I was certainly hoping for more and ended up thinking "Was this all...?" when the new version was released.

However that is mainly my own fault listening too much to the rumors floating around before the release where most people seemed convinced there would be more for us in this update.

Well, looking forward to try it out a bit more closely today doing some actual flying.

Richard Åsberg

This is a point release not a full version. Reading the speculation that was rampant during the last weeks was comical. Just about every complaint that anyone ever had was mentioned to be fixed in the release. Look closely at what has been done - LM had made quite a few changes, improvements and fixes. Remember, they have been making small changes to set up the platform for bigger things to come down the road. 

Believe me, LM is well aware of what is needed but they work on their own timeframe.

Patience will be rewarded down the road.

Vic

• Upvote 2

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

6 hours ago, simbol said:

lol why you say that? 

S.

i7 12700K , 32GB RAM @3600MHz, Asus Z690-Plus D4 MB, Gainward 4090 RTX Graphics, 850W Corsair PSU, Kraken AIO watercooler, Nvme 1TB ssd, 1TB ssd, 500GB ssd.

I have noticed improvement in performance in VR. It feels more stable.

I think that they could have fixed a bug where lightning was changing while rotating your head.

On the downside - they still didn't fix a bug where my VR HMS makes me sweat and destroys my hair.

• Upvote 1

Lukasz Kulasek

i7-8700k, RTX 2080 TI, 32 GB RAM, ASUS TUF Z370-PRO Gaming, Oculus Rift CV1

I think the ground friction bug has been taken care of. I was able to taxi the PMDG NGX with almost idle thrust tonight. That's something. Seems smoother as well.

David Warner

BetaTeamB.png

2 hours ago, vgbaron said:

This is a point release not a full version. Reading the speculation that was rampant during the last weeks was comical. Just about every complaint that anyone ever had was mentioned to be fixed in the release. Look closely at what has been done - LM had made quite a few changes, improvements and fixes. Remember, they have been making small changes to set up the platform for bigger things to come down the road. 

Believe me, LM is well aware of what is needed but they work on their own timeframe.

Patience will be rewarded down the road.

Vic

Yep, what you say is of course true and I didn't expect any major new stuff in a point release but I guess things as improved performance for DL was one of the things I would have hoped for already in this point release.

Anyway, looking forward to what is about to come and very nice we have a continuously evolving platform!

45 minutes ago, DLWbluues said:

I think the ground friction bug has been taken care of. I was able to taxi the PMDG NGX with almost idle thrust tonight. That's something. Seems smoother as well.

Now that is very nice to hear and looking forward to try it out myself!

Richard Åsberg